Perrigo (NASDAQ:PRGO) has acquired Sergeant’s Pet Care products for $ 285 million in a deal that would add to its reach in important pet segments as well as generate tax benefits.
Kroger (NYSE:KR) has swapped its furniture department in an Ohio store for one that sells jeans and shoes. The company may well expand this experiment if it proves successful.
According to company executives speaking at the Morgan Stanley Industrial and Auto conference, FTC approval may be received by end October for Hertz Global’s (NYSE:HTZ) acquisition of Dollar Thrifty (NYSE:DTG). That should put an end to the long drawn-out acquisition proceedings and clear the way for Hertz to develop Dollar Thrifty as an international discounted brand.
Former MF Global (MFGLQ.PK) CEO Jon Corzine has reportedly met with the Justice Department regarding the missing client monies of $1.6 billion revealed after the firm imploded.
Strong investor interest in the student accommodation sector has led Barclays (NYSE:BCS) to dispose of a 60 percent stake in its University Partnerships Programme (UPP) unit that provides accommodation to students. The stake was sold to Holland’s PGGM for 840 million pounds. According to Reuters, Barclays may also sell the other 40 percent.
Catalysts are critical to discovering winning stocks. Check out our newest CHEAT SHEET stock picks now.