The last thing you want to do on a hot day is stand over a stove for hours. In fact, there’s a good chance you probably don’t want to be anywhere near a hot oven at all. Rather than turning to takeout, try one of these no-cook recipes instead. Cold soup, a tuna and carrot combination, and summer rolls are just a few of the delicious dishes that can be made without relying on a hot oven to get the job done. Here are seven no-cook recipes that let you skip the summer heat and still enjoy a tasty, homemade meal.
1. Tuna and Carrot Salad Sandwiches
Packed with nutrients, including heart-healthy Omega 3 fatty acids, this light and refreshing Prevention recipe is the perfect summer dish. A combination of tuna, fruits, and veggies on a tasty whole-wheat baguette ensures that each bite is packed with mouthwatering flavor. Each sandwich contains 369 calories, 7.5 grams of fat, and provides 29 grams of protein. The recipes yields four servings.
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) pole-caught water-packed white tuna
- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 1 cup finely diced Granny Smith apple (about ½ apple)
- ¾ cup fat-free Greek-style yogurt
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 whole-wheat baguette, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 leaves butter lettuce
Directions: Combine drained tuna, carrots, apple, yogurt, raisins, parsley, shallot, mayonnaise, and vinegar in medium bowl. Spread a thin layer of mustard over each piece of toasted baguette. Top with 1 lettuce leaf and scoop of tuna-carrot salad. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.