Whether you’re attending a party or are hosting a get-together, preparing delicious appetizers is a wonderful way to enhance any social gathering. Appetizers also ensure you have tasty treats to serve without spending too much time in the kitchen. These deviled eggs, grilled shishito peppers, and nacho scoops will quickly become the life of the party. Here are six mouth-watering appetizer recipes that are guaranteed to appease any appetite.
1. Nacho Scoops
Prepare a big platter of these appetizing nacho bites, which are filled with spicy cheese and beef. Taste of Home‘s recipe, which yields 12 dozen servings, is easy, creamy, and delicious.
- ¾ pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces process cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 1 package (12 ounces) tortilla chip scoops
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream and pickled jalapeño slices
Directions: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the beef, onion, and red pepper over medium heat in a large skillet until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, tomatoes, and green chilies. Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Reduce heat to low, and stir in the pepper jack, process cheese, and cream cheese until melted.
On an ungreased baking sheet, place 4 dozen scoops. Add a rounded teaspoon of beef mixture to each. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish each with sour cream and a jalapeno pepper slice. Repeat with remaining tortilla chip scoops.