Add the health benefits of oats to your breakfast by making baked oatmeal. Easy to prepare, there are countless varieties of this morning meal. You can make a fruit-filled version, top it off with a bit of chocolate, or use maple syrup as a sweetener to enhance the flavor. Any of the six baked oatmeal recipes here will make for lovely breakfast — all you have to do is decide which one you want to make first.
1. Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
The day will begin just a little more sweetly when you know the baked oatmeal from Inspired Taste is waiting for you. Like other baked oatmeals, it can also be a filling mid-afternoon snack.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup walnut pieces, chopped
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
Head to Inspired Taste for the full recipe.