Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Nicor Inc. (NYSE:GAS).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Nicor Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 274,199 shares, worth $15,083,687.
- STEVENS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 118,582 shares, worth $6,523,196.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 66,575 shares, worth $3,662,291.
- KBC GROUP NV: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 38,362 shares, worth $2,110,294.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 33,706 shares, worth $1,854,167.
About the company: Nicor Inc. is holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides gas distribution services in Illinois as well as containerized freight transportation services the Bahamas and the Caribbean region. Nicor also provides energy-related products and services to retail markets and markets natural gas on a wholesale basis.
Competitors to Watch: Piedmont Natural Gas Co., Inc. (NYSE:PNY), Vectren Corporation (NYSE:VVC), AGL Resources Inc. (NYSE:AGL), Atmos Energy Corporation (NYSE:ATO), The Laclede Group, Inc. (NYSE:LG), South Jersey Industries (NYSE:SJI), New Jersey Resources Corp. (NYSE:NJR), Energy Incorporated (AMEX:EGAS), Northwest Natural Gas (NYSE:NWN), and National Fuel Gas Co. (NYSE:NFG).
(Note: Data regarding Nicor Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>