Following are Greenlight Capital’s top 10 holdings as of the end of Q1 2011:
- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE): Greenlight Capital held 24,954,098 shares, valued at $506,817,000, on March 31st 2011. About the company: Pfixer Inc. is a researchpbased, global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets medicines for humans and animals. The Company’s products include prescription pharmaceuticals, non-prescription self-medications, and animal health products such as anti-infective medicines and vaccines. Competitors to Watch: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY), Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), Mylan Inc. (NASDAQ:MYL), Amgen, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN), and Sanofi-Aventis SA (NYSE:SNY)
- Apple, Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL): Greenlight Capital held 837,500 shares, valued at $291,827,000, on March 31st, 2011. bout the company: Apple Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers and related personal computing and mobile communication devices along with a variety of related software, services, peripherals, and networking solutions. The Company sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers. Competitors to Watch: Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), Adobe (NASDAQ:ADBE), IBM (NYSE:IBM), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), Super Micro (NASDAQ:SMCI), Verizon (NYSE:VZ) and Research In Motion Limited (NASDAQ:RIMM).
- CIT Group Inc. (NYSE:CIT): Greenlight Capital held 6,662,889 shares worth $283,507,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: CIT Group Inc. operates as a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides lending, advisory, commercial banking, vendor finance, and leasing services to small and middle market businesses. CIT Group operates globally.
- Carefusion Corp. (NYSE:CFN): Greenlight Capital held 10,024,724 shares worth $282,696,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: CareFusion Corporation provides health care products and services. The Company offers products that focus on breaking the cycle of harmful medication errors and reducing hospital acquired infections. CareFusion’s products include IV pumps, automated dispensing and patient identification systems, electronic infection surveillance service, and ventilation and respiratory products.
- Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S): Greenlight Capital held 55,900,000 shares worth $259,376,000 on March 31st 2011. About the company: Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Competitors to Watch: AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR), Deutsche Telekom AG (DTEGY), MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE:PCS), Leap Wireless Intl., Inc. (NASDAQ:LEAP), NTELOS Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ:NTLS), United States Cellular Corp. (NYSE:USM), Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE:TDS), and CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL).
- Ensco PLC (NYSE:ESV): Greenlight Capital held 4,406,604 shares worth $254,878,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: Ensco PLC is an international offshore contract drilling company. The Company’s operations are concentrated in the geographic regions of Asia Pacific (which includes Asia, the Middle East, Australia and New Zealand), Europe/Africa and North and South America.
- Travelers Companies Inc. (NYSE:TRV): Greenlight Capital held 4,198,211 shares worth $249,710,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: The Travelers Companies, Inc. provides commercial property casualty insurance and asset management services to businesses, government units, associates and individuals. The Company underwrites homeowners and auto insurance through independent agents. Competitors to Watch: American Financial Group (NYSE:AFG), American International Group (NYSE:AIG), MetLife (NYSE:MET), RLI Corp (NYSE:RLI), White Mountain (NYSE:WTM), The Chubb Corp (NYSE:CB), AllState (NYSE:ALL), CNA Financial (NYSE:CNA), W.R. Berkeley (NYSE:WRB), Markel Corp (NYSE:MKL), HCC Insurance Holdings (NYSE:HCC), XL Group (NYSE:XL), Tower Group (NASDAQ:TWGP) Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. (NYSE:HIG) and W.R. Berkley Corporation (NYSE:WRB).
- Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ:MSFT): Greenlight Capital held 9,069,042 shares worth $229,991,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses, sells, and supports software products. The Company offers operating system software, server application software, business and consumer applications software, software development tools, and Internet and intranet software. Microsoft also develops video game consoles and digital music entertainment devices. Competitors to Watch: Novell, Inc. (NASDAQ:NOVL), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO), Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE) and Sony Corporation (NYSE:SNE).
- Market Vectors ETF TR (NYSE:GDX): Greenlight Capital held 3,546,971 shares worth $213,032,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the price and yield of the Amex Gold Miners Index.
- NCR Corp. (NYSE:NCR): Greenlight Capital held 10,252,994 shared worth $193,166,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: NCR Corporation manufactures financial transaction machines and other products. The Company produces automated teller machines, self-checkout and self-service kiosks, point-of-sale workstations and scanners; manufactures printer consumable products; and manages networks and servers for ATMs and kiosks.
Fresh Off the Press: Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!