Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of HCP, Inc. (NYSE:HCP).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold HCP, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Gallagher Paul F: act as Executive Vice President. On 10/28/2011, sold 376,474 shares, worth $14,878,300.
- Gallagher Paul F: act as Executive Vice President. On 07/07/2011, sold 58,180 shares, worth $2,210,800.
- Kirby Thomas D: act as Executive Vice President. On 11/07/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $762,200.
- Kirby Thomas D: act as Executive Vice President. On 08/30/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $737,600.
- Flaherty James F Iii: act as Chairman. On 11/15/2011, sold 18,800 shares, worth $718,000.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of HCP, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- STEVENS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 304,781 shares, worth $10,892,873. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 302,407 shares, worth $10,808,026. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BNP PARIBAS ARBITRAGE, SA: On 06/30/2011, held 237,440 shares, worth $8,486,106. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HGK ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 123,200 shares, worth $4,403,168. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: HCP, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The Trust invests in health care related real estate throughout the United States. HCP’s properties include senior housing, life sciences, medical offices, hospitals, and skilled nursing homes.
Competitors to Watch: LTC Properties, Inc. (NYSE:LTC), Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc. (NYSE:OHI), National Health Investors Inc (NYSE:NHI), Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (NYSE:MPW), Healthcare Realty Trust Inc. (NYSE:HR), Health Care REIT, Inc. (NYSE:HCN), Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH), Universal Health Realty Income Trust (NYSE:UHT), Ventas, Inc. (NYSE:VTR), and Nationwide Health Properties Inc. (NYSE:NHP).
(Note: Data regarding HCP, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>