- Liberty Global Inc. (NASDAQ:LBTYB): Up +6.33%. Liberty Global, Inc. owns interests in broadband, distribution, and content companies operating outside the continental United States, principally in Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
- Apollo Global Management, LLC Class A Common Shares Representing Class A Limitied Liability Company Interests (NYSE:APO): Up +6.3%. Apollo Global Management LLC provides global alternative asset manager services. The Company specializes in private equity, credit-oriented capital markets, and real estate funds invested across a core group of industries where Apollo has knowledge and resources. Apollo Global Management provides services throughout the world.
- The Home Depot, Inc. (NYSE:HD): Up +5.28%. The Home Depot, Inc. is a home improvement retailer that sells building materials and home improvement products. The Company’s sell a wide assortment of building materials, home improvement and lawn and garden products and provide a number of services. Home Depot operates throughout the U.S. (including Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and Guam), Canada, China, and Mexico. Home Depot, Inc. Earnings Cheat Sheet: Profit Increases Again>>
- Dollar General Corp. (NYSE:DG): Up +4.97%. Dollar General Corp. operates a chain of discount retail stores located primarily in the southern, southwestern, midwestern and eastern United States. The Company offer a broad selection of merchandise, including consumable products such as food, paper and cleaning products, health and beauty products and pet supplies, and non-consumable products such as seasonal merchandise.
- Mechel OAO PRFD (NYSE:MTL-): Up +4.71%.
- NYSE Euronext (NYSE:NYX): Down -8.39%. NYSE Euronext operates an international stock exchange. The Company operates a marketplace for equities and derivatives in Belgium, France, the Netherlands and Portugal, derivatives in the United Kingdom, and equities and other securities in the United States.
- Youku.com Inc (NYSE:YOKU): Down -8.11%. Youku.com Inc. is an Internet television company. The Company’s Internet television platform enables consumers to search, view and share video content quickly and easily across multiple devices in the People’s Republic of China.
- SINA Corporation (NASDAQ:SINA): Down -7.89%. SINA Corporation is a global Internet media company operating Chinese-language destination sites. The Company offers a network of branded content and services targeting people of Chinese descent worldwide. SINA.com offers online news, entertainment, community, and commerce through web sites that are produced and updated by local teams in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and North America.
- Cobalt International Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CIE): Down -7.71%. Cobalt International Energy, Inc. is an oil-focused exploration and production company. The Company explores for oil in the deep offshore waters of the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and West Africa, with an emphasis on sub-salt and pre-salt exploration, development, and production.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>