19 Limited-Time Experiences Coming to Disney World in 2019
If you’re thinking about planning a trip to Disney World, 2019 may be the year to go for it. They’re bringing in some all-new, limited time experiences to each park — so we’d recommend visiting before they’re gone.
Here’s everything you’ll only get to see at Disney World in 2019, most of which will debut on Jan. 18.
1. Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration: When you’re in Disney World, there’s no such thing as too much Mickey or Minnie. Magic Kingdom is adding in the all-new Mickey & Minnie Surprise Celebration, which will include fun music and a whole lot of dancing.
2. Move It! Shake it! MousekeDance It! Street Party: This new street party coming to Magic Kingdom will actually give kids and adults alike the chance to dance with their favorite characters. Mickey, Minnie, and company will join you in front of Cinderella Castle with live performances of classic songs from the Mickey Mouse Club.
3. New Dapper Dans performances: The beloved Dapper Dans, Disney’s famous barbershop quartet, will bring some Mickey- and Minnie-themed songs to their performances along Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom. You won’t want to miss other entertainers who will be hitting the streets, too.
4. New Mickey and Minnie merchandise: If you’ve ever been to Disney, you know part of the excitement is rocking some themed merchandise. In 2019, Magic Kingdom will be stocking their shelves with all new Mickey- and Minnie-themed merchandise and food items.
5. Surprise celebrations: What’s Disney World without a little magic? That’s why you can expect some surprise Limited-Time Magic entertainment to pop up when you least expect it.
6. Epcot International Festival of the Arts: If you’re like us, the festivals held at Epcot each year are enough of a reason on their own to make us plan a trip. The fan-favorite Epcot International Festival of the Arts is making its return from Jan. 18 to Feb. 25. If you want to experience all of the culinary, visual, and performing arts this festival has to offer, we’d recommend to get planning sooner rather than later.
7. Expanded Disney on Broadway Concert Series: During the Epcot International Festival of the Arts, you’ll be able to experience the Disney on Broadway Concert Series during an extended seven days a week.
8. Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival: Welcome spring with the return of Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, which will run from March 6 to June 3. You’ll be able to fill an entire day sampling treats from outdoor kitchens and taking in the beautiful blooms.
9. Expanded Garden Rocks Concert Series: Like the expansion of the Disney on Broadway Concert Series during the Epcot International Festival of the Arts, the Garden Rocks Concert will run seven days a week during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. And if you didn’t already do the math, that means 270 concerts — so you really can’t pick a bad time to go during this festival.
10. IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’s last show: That’s right — after running for 19 years, Disney is saying goodbye to the IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth nighttime spectacular at Epcot. It will wrap at the end of the summer in 2019, so you still have some time to catch the show. Luckily, a new show will take its place over the World Showcase Lagoon immediately after the classic spectacular’s last show.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
11. The return of The Incredibles: As if you needed more reason to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios than its new Toy Story Land, The Incredibles will be making their way back into the park. Pixar Place will be turned into a Metroville city block, so you can fully immerse yourself in an Incredibles world.
12. An Incredibles-themed party: You’ll even get to partake in a party at the end of the Metroville city block, which will celebrate Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, and Frozone.
13. Meet-and-greet with Edna Rose: How could you pass up the opportunity to meet the legendary Edna Rose from The Incredibles?
14. Clues around the block: It’s important to be in-the-know of secret clues hidden around the Metroville city block, which will lead you to where the youngest Incredible, Jack-Jack, can be found.
15. Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy: In spring 2019, Disney is bringing this whole new show experience, where Lighting McQueen will give some insider-information about his years of racing experience.
16. Meet-and-greet with Cruz Ramirez: Just outside of Lighting McQueen’s Racing Academy, you can meet his friend, Cruz Ramirez.
17. Meet-and-greet with Mike and Sully: Have you been wanting to meet Mike and Sully from Pixar’s Monsters, Inc.? We have, too — and luckily, you’ll be able to do so at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019.
18. Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party: In celebration of 25 years since the release of Walt Disney Pictures’ The Lion King, you can partake in a dance party on Discovery Island along with Timon and Rafiki.
19. 3-D photo spots: You can appear to be right in the middle of the action with new three-dimensional photo spots in Animal Kingdom. They’ll recreate scenes from Disney animated classics, so it will be as if you were included in your favorite movies all along.