Insiders are Trading These S&P Shares Now
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about recent insider trades in the constituent companies of the S&P 500.
- Michael J Ahearn, who is an insider at First Solar (NASDAQ:FSLR), sold 460,000 shares at a cost of $99.56 for a total of $45,798,071 on Aug 8. He sold 133,016 shares at a cost of $98.62 for a total of $13,117,907 on Aug 9. He sold 96,000 shares at a cost of $101.69 for a total of $9,761,914 on Aug 10. About the company: First Solar, Inc. designs and manufactures solar modules. The Company uses a thin film semiconductor technology to manufacture electricity-producing solar modules.
- Gregg Alton, who is an insider at Gilead (NASDAQ:GILD), sold 13,000 shares at a cost of $41.75 for a total of $542,711 on Aug 1. About the company: Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes therapeutics to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases. The Company’s primary arees of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver disease and serious cardiovascular and respiratory conditions.
- Ralph Bahna, who is an insider at Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN), sold 10,000 shares at a cost of $516.62 for a total of $5,166,205 on Aug 8. About the company: Priceline.com Incorporated enables consumers to use the Internet to save money on a variety of products and services. The Company’s product allows customers to name their own price on products or services and communicates that demand directly to participating sellers or to their private databases. Participants include domestic and international airlines, and hotel chains.
- Douglas Barnard, who is an insider at CF Industries Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CF), sold 13,000 shares at a cost of $166.88 for a total of $2,169,448 on Aug 16. About the company: CF Industries Holdings, Inc. manufactures and distributes nitrogen and phosphate fertilizer products in North America. The Company’s principal products in the nitrogen segment are ammonia, urea and urea ammonium nitrate solution and its principal products in the phosphate segment are diammonium phosphate, monoammonium phosphate, and granular muriate of potash.
- Robert Beauchamp, who is an insider at BMC Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:BMC), sold 15,728 shares at a cost of $38.17 for a total of $600,322 on Aug 22. About the company: BMC Software, Inc. provides management solutions for mainframe and distributed information technology systems. The Company’s portfolio of software solutions spans enterprise systems, applications, databases and IT process management. BMC also provides maintenance and support for its products and performs software implementation, integration and education services for its customers.
- David Beier, who is an insider at Amgen, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN), sold 15,000 shares at a cost of $51.56 for a total of $773,471 on Aug 15. About the company: Amgen Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets human therapeutics based on cellular and molecular biology. The Company focuses its research on secreted protein and small molecule therapeutics, with particular emphasis on neuroscience and cancer. Amgen concentrates on the areas of hematology, cancer, infectious disease, endocrinology, neurobiology, and inflammation.
- Jan Bennink, who is an insider at Sara Lee Corp. (NYSE:SLE), bought 58,400 shares at a cost of $17.28 for a total of $1,009,432 on Aug 12. About the company: Sara Lee Corporation manufactures and markets brand-name products for consumers throughout the world. The Company is focused primarily on the meats, baking, beverage and household products categories.
- Dan Brian, who is an insider at Altera Corporation (NASDAQ:ALTR), sold 15,526 shares at a cost of $40.97 for a total of $636,158 on Aug 1. About the company: Altera Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets programmable logic devices and associated development tools. The Company’s products, include a variety of programmable logic devices and hardcopy application-specific integrated circuits.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from publicly available filings filed with the SEC. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>