5 Hollywood Rumors: ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 6 Spoilers, and More

Every week, we take an in-depth look at the latest rumors coming out of Hollywood, from casting news to rumored directorial choices to the latest Netflix revivals. This week brought us of plenty of Tinsel Town gossip, including the latest on Jon Snow’s probable return and Ryan Gosling’s newest potential role. Below, check out five of the biggest Hollywood rumors this week.

1. Jon Snow is (probably) back on Game of Thrones

Jon Snow, Game of Thrones HBO

Source: HBO

As if the very likely forthcoming resurrection of Kit Harrington’s Jon Snow on Game of Thrones wasn’t already television’s worst kept secret, HBO has just decided to add fuel to the fire. This week, the network released new teaser art for the upcoming season 6, featuring an image of a broken and bloody Jon Snow. The poster comes after everyone on the show — actors, producers, and HBO — insisted that the character is truly dead. But if that’s the case, would they really put him on a teaser poster? Cue the rampant speculation.

2. Ryan Gosling might play Neil Armstrong

Jason Merritt/Getty Images

Jason Merritt/Getty Images

As Deadline recently reported, Gosling is being courted to play famed astronaut Neil Armstrong in Universal’s upcoming biopic, First Man.  The movie hails from Whiplash helmer Damien Chazelle, who is directing based on a script by Spotlight scribe Josh Singer.

If Gosling does sign on for the role, this wouldn’t be the first time that the actor has teamed up with Chazelle. The two are currently working together on the musical film La La Land, which co-stars Emma Stone.

3. Jennifer Lawrence: From The Hunger Games to directing?

Anthony Harvey/Getty Images

Anthony Harvey/Getty Images

With the last installment in The Hunger Games franchise now in theaters, Lawrence is turning her attention to future endeavors – including some behind-the-camera work. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Lawrence revealed she has directing aspirations. “I’d also like to direct a comedy,” she told the publication. “I have wanted to direct as long as I’ve wanted to act. I just don’t talk about it because I’d rather just do it.”

In fact, Lawrence already has an eye on a potential project for her directorial debut. “I’ve signed on to direct something called Project Delirium — it’s based on this article about mental warfare in the ’60s, like an acid experiment gone terribly wrong,” she told EW. “It’s funny, I’ve wanted to direct since I was 16 and always thought I should start making steps towards that. If I had tried to do it earlier, I wouldn’t have been ready. Now I actually feel ready.”

4. Fantastic Four 2 (probably) isn’t happening

Source: 20th Century Fox

Source: 20th Century Fox

It shouldn’t come as a huge surprise given how terribly its predecessor performed earlier this year, but the planned sequel in the newest Fantastic Four franchise is seemingly done before it even got off the ground. The movie was originally scheduled to land in theaters on June 19, 2017. But as recently reported by BoxOfficeMojo, 20th Century Fox has officially removed Fantastic Four 2 off its calendar of upcoming releases.

The studio has yet to actually comment on the move, so it’s unclear whether the sequel is effectively canceled or just being pushed back. Considering what a massive critical and commercial failure this year’s Fantastic Four was though, it seems likely the project is being pulled.

5. Will Tom Cruise lead Universal’s The Mummy reboot?

Andrew Cowie/AFP/Getty Images

Andrew Cowie/AFP/Getty Images

As announced earlier this year, Universal has begun work on creating its own cinematic universe of monster movies. While casting for these movies haven’t been confirmed yet, that hasn’t stopped some major names from being dropped in connection with the franchises. The most recent A-lister to be attached to the project? Tom Cruise, who Variety recently reported is rumored to be in talks to take part in a reboot of The Mummy.

You might want to take the news with a grain of salt though. Shortly after Variety’s report, Deadline published their own story, debunking the rumor and claiming that Cruise is not involved in the upcoming movie.

More from Entertainment Cheat Sheet: