3. The Station nightclub fire
In 2003, in West Warwick, Rhode Island many people came to The Station nightclub to see the band, Great White. Part of the production included pyrotechnics, which caused a fire. According to Rolling Stone magazine, staff tried stopping the fire with cups of water and evacuated people through the front doors. Two of the four exits were chained shut, and bouncers wouldn’t let people through the stage doors. The water did nothing to stop the fire, which grew due to the flammable foam used as the club’s insulation. The band escaped, but the fire led to 100 deaths and 230 people injured.