’90 Day Fiance’ Star Ashley Martson Reveals She Was Kidnapped, Sexually Assaulted, And Almost Murdered

Sometimes it’s hard not to feel for Ashley Martson. The 90 Day Fiancé star underwent an incredibly challenging marriage to ex-husband Jay Smith. Smith cheated on Ashley, violated a court order, was detained by ICE, and is now refusing to sign Martson’s divorce papers. Add to that the fact that Smith’s sister continues to throw accusations at Martson, and it’s easy to see why she’s ready to embrace her life after the show. 

What some fans don’t know about Martson is that the reality star had a harrowing encounter in her youth. After reading about what happened to Martson, fans will understand why she was so interested in self-defense courses back when she first started the show. 

Jay Smith cheated on Martson

Ashley Martson and Jay Smith tied the knot in Las Vegas, but their 90 Day Fiancé honeymoon was anything but sweet. The couple almost divorced after Martson found Smith chatting with women on Tinder. Martson decided to give their relationship another chance 11 days after filing for divorce from Smith. 

Unfortunately, Smith didn’t put his second chance to good use. The wannabe tattoo artist was working in a barbershop at the time, and decided to have sex with a woman he’d met at a cookout in the bathroom. 

Martson eventually received a phone call from the woman in question, who explained to Martson that Smith had never even told her that he was married. Since then, the two have separated. Martson claims that Smith is refusing to sign the divorce papers, however, because he wants “half of everything.”

Martson wrote of the situation, “A little advice from me is to save EVERYTHING!! Receipts don’t lie. I saved it all from Day 1 and thank god I did. If your significant other goes through your phone email the stuff to an email they don’t know about. Be smart!” 

Smith’s sister makes explosive claims

As if Smith’s infidelity and lack of cooperation weren’t enough, his sister has decided to get in on the fight as well. Jay Smith’s sister, who goes by “Poochie,” has made a variety of inflammatory claims about Ashley Martson and her relationship with Jay Smith. 

Poochie claimed that Martson set-up the entire cheating scandal — that while it did happen, it was planned and premeditated. Poochie posted to her Instagram story,  “[Ashley] called me right after telling me that the show set it up. And Jay was so f****** horny and stupid and fell right in the trap!”

Poochie also alleged that Martson had a sugar daddy while she and Jay Smith were dating. 

Martson’s harrowing tale

View this post on Instagram

Happy 4th of July #merica

A post shared by Ashley Smith (@ashleye_90) on

Now, Ashley Martson is opening up for the second time about her frightening experience. When Martson was 19, she worked at a bar in York City, Pennsylvania. The 90 Day Fiancé star was walking to work around 5:30 PM when she was attacked by a man with a box cutter. 

Her attacker, 35-year-old Sean Gallagher, held the box cutter to Martson’s throat and demanded her money. Martson explained she had none. Gallagher proceeded to zip tie her hands together, and bundle her into his car, kidnapping her. 

Gallagher took Martson to a sports field where he raped her and terrorized her. Police say that Gallagher had originally intended to let Martson go, but that he then told her, “Nah, I would rather kill you. I don’t want to go to jail.” 

After Martson realized the man might murder her, she made a stunning escape. Martson walloped the man with her bag before sliding down an embankment and chewing through the zip ties around her wrists and wading through a creek to run away. 

Gallagher was eventually sentenced for his crimes. Martson had to face him in the courtroom, and she didn’t hold back. “How dare you make me come here and tell everyone what you did to me,” Martson told Gallagher in court. She added, “You are a sick person. … I hope bad things come to you in jail, and I hope you rot in hell.” 

Martson told the judge, “He terrorized me and violated me and tried to take my life.”