‘American Horror Story’ Savages: The 5 Most Fierce Characters
American Horror Story – the ingenious anthology with eight successful seasons now under its belt – has produced some of the most savage characters in television history. Quick-witted, sharp-tongued, and thus, destined to destroy with dialogue, the following characters reign supreme when it comes to cutthroat confrontation.
From Coven and Apocalypse to Murder House, this list will highlight the characters with the greatest knack for building tension, sending chills down your spine, and making you laugh at the most inappropriate of times with the most inappropriate of comments.
Fiona Goode in ‘AHS: Coven’
Fiona Goode – seemingly remorseless and unable to accept that her strongest days are in her past – is unpredictably heinous. As soon as you think Fiona Goode has gone as far as she can possibly go, she slits another throat without blinking an eye.
Fiona Goode also boasts some of the most memorable AHS lines. Jessica Lange must have enjoyed delivering the lines below:
- “You’re never going to become great women of our clan sitting around here at Hogwarts”
- She’s innocent mostly. She killed the neighbor, but the bitch had it coming”
- “You were a sloppy little witch bitch”
- “This coven doesn’t need a new Supreme. It needs a new rug” (Context: stated after accidentally slitting Madison Montgomery’s throat)
- “Maybe in another century, you could have two shithole salons (Context: said to Marie Laveau – with the perfect degree of emphasis placed on “two” – before leaving Laveau’s salon.)
- “In this whole wide world, the only thing you have to be afraid of is me.”
Behold Chablis in ‘AHS: Apocalypse’
Portrayed by Billy Porter, Behold Chablis in an instructor at the Hawthorne School for Exceptional Young Men and a member of the Warlock Council. When it comes to backhanded compliments, sarcasm, irony, and superiority-infused humor, this guy is your man. As for his best quotes, just a few are below.
- “If eavesdropping paid money, I’d be richer than Amazon”
- “You’re really nothing but a softie, aren’t you?” (Context: stated to Madison Montgomery after she helps a deceased Kit Walker and Violet Harmon find their way back to one another.)
- “You surprise me. Under the facade of a heartless narcissist…” (Context: said to Madison Montgomery.)
- “Of course it’s the black girl you leave behind. I see you, Ms. Supreme!”
Constance Langdon in ‘AHS: Murder House’ and ‘Apocalypse’
Constance Langdon – the depressed alcoholic whose southern belle facade and cunning nature are awe-inspiring. Overly concerned with her status and looks, she becomes involved with a younger man and puts others down to bring herself up.
Langdon has got more great quotes than you can count on all your hands and toes, but a few are below.
- “At the end of the day…he meant less to me than dog shit”
- “I’m Constance Langdon, and this…is my f*** house” (Context: the words she uses to make her entrance in Apocalypse)
- “Go to hell” (Context: said to Michael Langdon right before he dies.)
- “There’s not going to be a swimming pool you stupid slut.”
Marie Laveau in ‘AHS: Coven’ and ‘Apocalypse’
Marie Laveau is one bad Voodoo Queen. Quick to seek revenge, only a fool (or Fiona Goode) would dare to cross Marie Laveau. Marie Laveau’s sheer intimidation is also exquisitely brought to life by the talented Angela Bassett. Her best lines:
- “Too late for tears. Damage is Done”
- “Waltzing in here like she’s the Queen of England, talkin’ ‘bout hammers and nails, lookin’ to start a war…she done messed with the wrong witch and she knows it. Now, you know it.”
- “You think I did that? Do I look like the Taliban to you? If I wanted to blind your little wife, I wouldn’t have to leave my room.”
- “Out with the trash. Give Papa my regards”
Madison Montgomery in ‘AHS: Coven’
While Madison Montgomery (Emma Roberts) complains too frequently and is a bit entitled, there’s no denying that she’s quick-witted. She boasts some of the best lines in the show. Let us reminisce:
- “And you’re a dried up, old hot pocket, but I don’t judge” (Context: said to Myrtle after Myrtle calls her the “worst kind of Hollywood cliche.”)
- “Is this where we all sing Kumbaya”
- “Welcome to the revolution carrot-top. As the next Supreme, I’m going to drag the coven out of the dark ages. Crotchless panties for everyone.
- “Gives the choices around here, it looks like your my new best friend. Do you own any clothes that don’t come from The Gap?” (Context: said to Zoe Benson.)