Andy Cohen Breaks Instagram Silence and Shares Coronavirus Health Update
Andy Cohen has been in quarantine after he confirmed he had tested positive for the coronavirus. The Bravo personality shocked fans when he broke the news as he had just revealed he was returning to TV. Cohen was ready to shoot his first Watch What Happens Live @ Home episode when he revealed he contracted COVID-19. After days of silence on Instagram, he finally shared a post to update fans on his health.
How did Andy Cohen break the news of the coronavirus?
Cohen had taken a break from WWHL when the coronavirus pandemic started in the U.S. The late-night host took his precautions and stayed home to not come in contact with people as experts suggested. On Friday, March 20, Cohen shared an Instagram post explaining he had gotten tested for COVID-19 and the results were positive.
“After a few days of self-quarantine, and not feeling great, I have tested positive for Coronavirus,” Cohen shared. “As much as I felt like I could push through whatever I was feeling to do #WWHL from home, we’re putting a pin in that for now so I can focus on getting better.”
At the time he said that he would take time off to see how his body reacted and made sure he didn’t worsen.
“I want to thank all the medical professionals who are working tirelessly for all of us and urge everybody to stay home and take care of themselves,” he concluded.
Andy Cohen shares update
Following the news of his diagnosis, Cohen received many messages of support from his friends and fans. He had been quiet on social media until recently when he shared a message on his Instagram Stories.
“Thank you all for the amazing messages,” he wrote along with a photo of his NYC view. “I am getting better every day and can’t wait to see everybody again.”
“Stay home. Be smart. And thank you to the medical professionals on the front lines,” he ended.
The sweet post gave his fans security that he was getting better and fighting the coronavirus.
Baby Ben update
Cohen has a 13-month old son and fans have been worried about his health. The Real Housewives producer recently called into Jeff Lewis Live to give an update on the latest.
“I’ll tell you what I know from the nanny cam and from video, because I can’t see him, which is the very worst part,” he said on the SiriusXM show about baby Ben. “But he’s great and his nanny [tested] negative.”
A week prior, Cohen had been in self-quarantine and was hosting his satellite radio show from his home.
“I’m not going anywhere,” Cohen said. “I’m just here with the nanny and Ben and we are hunkered down. We have enough food for two weeks.”
Cohen also said that one of his neighbors had tested positive to COVID-19, but didn’t mention if that’s how he got it from.
“I took Ben for a walk yesterday when he woke up from his nap at 5,” said Cohen. “I have a neighbor who has coronavirus and I went out to get them food at the supermarket and some supplies and I left them in front of their door.”
As of now, there’s no word as to how much longer Cohen will remain apart from his son or when he would attempt to get back to work.