David Eason’s 11-year-old Daughter Was Brought in to Testify in Court

Jenelle Evans and David Eason’s fight to regain custody of their three children is far from over. The troubled couple was in court again this week to battle over whether the children can be safely returned to their care. Maryssa, 11, Kaiser, 4, and Ensley, 2, were famously removed from the home in early May. The couple also has two other children who are not currently involved in the custody battle. Now, Maryssa has been asked to testify about what she has seen, heard and experienced inside the couple’s home, and it might spell trouble for the former reality TV stars. 

Maryssa testified on Tuesday and Thursday

The 11-year-old daughter of David Eason and Whitney Johnson was spotted outside of court during the week’s proceedings. Radar, speaking with an alleged insider, claim the preteen was in the courthouse to testify about what had gone on inside the home she shared with her father and stepmother.

Jenelle Evans and David Eason
Jenelle Evans, David Eason and Kaiser Griffith | Photo by Alo Ceballos/GC Images

According to the source, she simply told the truth about what she saw and what she was subjected to while living inside the home that couple has dubbed “the land.” Maryssa was in the house when Eason killed the family’s pet French bulldog. Rumors suggest Eason beat the 12lb dog before chasing it into the woods and killing it.

Will Maryssa be called to testify again?

It’s possible that Maryssa will be expected to retake the stand in the coming weeks. The battle is just heating up, and there are several more hearings planned before a final ruling will be given. According to In Touch, the case is currently in a pre-adjudication phase. During this period, both Evans and Eason, as well as CPS, will argue their case in front of a judge.

If an agreement is not met, they will move into adjudication. At that point, depositions will be given. Maryssa will likely be called to offer her version of events again during that phase. Nathan Griffith, the father of one of the children involved in the case, will likely be called to testify, as well. Griffith has levied accusations of abuse at the couple for well over a year. He has claimed his son, Kaiser, 4, has shown up for visitations with bruises.

Where is Maryssa staying now?

Maryssa was removed from the home in mid-May, along with her younger half-sister, Ensley. The pair were placed into protective custody. A judge later ruled that Maryssa would stay with her maternal grandmother, while Ensley would be moved to the home of Barbara Evans

Whitney Johnson, the girl’s mother, lost custody in 2017 after Eason took her to court over the then 9-year-old. Johnson’s husband has since spoken out in Johnson’s defense, arguing that the custody battle was simply too expensive for Johnson to wage and that they would be exploring their options regarding regaining physical custody of the youngster.

For now, however, she remains in the care of her maternal grandmother, and likely will stay there until the entire custody issue is worked out. An insider alleges the battle could take months.