Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Schools Fans on How to Really Make Pancakes
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is one of the most recognizable faces in Hollywood. He was one of the biggest stars in professional wrestling in the late ’90s and today is an actor, producer, businessman, and also a foodie.
What Johnson actually eats in a day varies depending on if he’s prepping for a specific movie role. But he keeps it consistent with huge portions and if you follow him on Instagram you know his cheat meals aren’t small either. Something he really loves is pancakes, which he dubbed as “world famous.” So if you’re looking for a serious meal to really satisfy and fill you (or your entire family) up, here’s how to make pancakes the way The Rock does.
What The Rock is cooking
Over the years, Johnson has revealed everything he eats in a day.
Business Insider noted that in 2013 when he was preparing for the role of Hercules, he ate seven large meals of more than 5,000 calories every day. When he doesn’t have to train for a role, he eats five protein-packed meals on a daily basis.
His first meal of the day usually consists of steak, eggs, and oatmeal. For meal two he typically has chicken and vegetables. For meal three he’ll eat fish, more vegetables, and more eggs. Meal four is typically another filet, baked potatoes, and veggies. For The Rock’s final meal of the day, he’ll consume casein protein and plenty of egg whites.
Johnson has cheat days too as he feels they are important and he encourages his fans to “treat themselves” as well. Some of his cheat meals include French toast, apple pie, 10 cookies, or an entire sheet of brownies, and one of his faves is pancakes. He’s been known to make flapjacks with a box mix and some chocolate chips, but he also has another way to cook up banana pancakes.
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson’s ‘world famous’ pancakes
To make this cheat day meal like The Rock does you’ll need these ingredients:
1 ¼ cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 egg, beaten
½ tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 bananas (optional)
Then follow these step-by-step instructions:
1. In a large bowl stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl combine the egg, milk, and oil. Add this all at once to the flour mixture, stirring until blended but still slightly lumpy.
3. For a standard-size pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or a heavy skillet. For a dollar-sized pancake, use only about 1 tbsp of batter.
4. Cook the pancakes until golden brown, flipping them over when they have a bubbly surface and slightly dry edges.
5. If using bananas slice them into 1/4-inch and place in between the layers of the pancakes.