Former ‘Bachelorette’ Star Chad Johnson Kept ‘Battle of the Bachelors’ Charity Money, According to Girlfriend Annalise Mishler
It’s been a rocky year for former contestant of The Bachelorette, Chad Johnson. At the tail end of February and into early March, the reality TV star was hospitalized after a previous welfare check following his arrest for domestic abuse. His on-again-off-again girlfriend, Annalise Mishler, is setting the record straight about a few things — especially when it comes to Johnson’s finances.
A brief re-cap on Chad Johnson’s year so far
February and March proved to be a challenging time for The Bachelorette‘s resident “villain,” Chad Johnson. His on-again-off-again girlfriend, Annalise Mishler claimed Johnson physically assaulted her following an argument. Police arrested Johnson for domestic violence. He was charged with six misdemeanors and released on bail.
The days after his release, Johnson posted a disturbing photo of a rope on a door with the words, “it’ll be okay” on his Instagram account. The picture concerned Johnson’s friends and family who requested a welfare check. He deleted the image and eased officers’ concerns.
However, less than 24 hours later, multiple outlets reported Johnson had been hospitalized for his safety.
The result of his arrest cost Johnson opportunities to participate in sponsorships and Bachelor-related events — including Battle of the Bachelors. He’s now moving into the world of porn to make money.
He and Mishler appeared in adult videos for the website OnlyFans after reconciling. Daily Mail UK reported the two are earning around $40,000 per month from the site. Now she’s opening up about to say there’s a lot more to the story.
Annalise Mishler opens up about Johnson’s financial state
Mishler and Johnsons have a complicated relationship. Though the two made adult videos together, Mishler told The Domenick Nati Show that Johnson changed the password on the account, took all of the money earned, and put it in his own account.
Furthermore, Mishler said that despite Johnson’s lofty ambitions to purchase a house in Las Vegas to make his adult videos, he’s never had money and doesn’t work now (adult films aside).
“There’s no way in hell he’s going to buy a mansion in Vegas, or even rent one, and paying everyone that goes into that,” she said, adding “he just came up with this idea a week ago” and that he “tends to do this with everything.”
Mishler said Johnson’s been “living off of Instagram sponsorships, basically,” and that it took two months for him to repay her for the hole he allegedly punched in her wall and the phone he broke.
As far as the Battle of the Bachelors boxing event, Mishler also claims that Johnson used the sponsorship money to pay himself and his business partner for things like “rent.”
“That event was marketed like it was going to charity but really none of the proceeds were going to go to charity,” she said. “His only goal in life is to make money.”
Are Mishler and Johnson back together?
When asked if there’s currently a restraining order on Johnson, Mishler said it’s up in the air.
“He never really told me if it was served or not and I asked him to ask his lawyer; I asked him to find out,” she said, noting she’d never been served with any type of notice.
After calling the court Mishler said there is, in fact, an order in place.
“This whole time, from March 17 until now, he’s not supposed to have had any contact with me at all. And if he does, he will probably go to jail for three to six months, I think.”
At this point, it doesn’t seem like the best idea for the two to be in a relationship. However, considering their turbulent on-again-off-again past, matched with their current stream of income from their porn venture, it’s not completely out of the cards.