5 Hollywood Rumors: Will ‘Logan’ Feature This Marvel Villain?

Hollywood Rumors

Every week, we take an in-depth look at the latest Hollywood rumors, from casting chatter to potential directorial choices to the latest TV revivals. This week brought us plenty more speculation, including a new possible star for The Predator reboot and the latest spoilers on the upcoming Wolverine flick, Logan. Below, check out the five biggest rumors coming out of Hollywood this week.

1. Logan might feature this villainous character

Dr. Zander Rice appear in 'Logan' Marvel Comics

Dr. Zander Rice | Marvel Comics

In recent weeks, there has been plenty of speculation surrounding the upcoming third entry in the Wolverine franchise. The latest rumor to hit the web? The Wrap claims that Richard E. Grant, who was previously thought to be playing Mister Sinister, is actually playing a different villainous character: Dr. Zander Rice.

As comic fans know, Rice is a surgeon who was involved in the experiments that turned Logan into Wolverine and later revived the Weapon X project that created X-23 (who is also expected to be in the movie). All of this remains unconfirmed and producer Simon Kinberg has previously stated that Mister Sinister will indeed be in the movie, so take the report with a grain of salt for now.

Logan is set to hit theaters on March 3, 2017.

2. Guy Ritchie may direct Disney’s live-action Aladdin

Director Guy Ritchie | Cindy Ord/Getty Images for SiriusXM

Director Guy Ritchie | Cindy Ord/Getty Images for SiriusXM

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Richie is in line to helm Disney’s upcoming live-action version of Aladdin. The movie, which will reportedly keep many of the original songs and other musical elements, is described as an “unconventional take” on the animated classic. It’s an odd choice for Ritchie, who is mostly known for action films, like Sherlock Holmes and The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

A deal has yet to be formalized and Disney has not yet scheduled a release date for the new Aladdin.

3. Negan might kill multiple characters in The Walking Dead premiere

The Walking Dead Season 6 | AMC

The Walking Dead Season 6 | AMC

Jeffrey Dean Morgan, aka The Walking Dead’s Negan, may have just dropped a major spoiler about who Negan kills in the upcoming Season 7 premiere. During a recent interview, the actor casually implied that multiple characters will lose their lives in the upcoming episodes, as previously speculated.

“Negan’s not just going to kill one person in [the premiere],” Morgan told Den of Geek. “He’s not afraid of bashing in skulls.”

Of course, this doesn’t necessarily mean that Negan will kill multiple people from the group lineup seen in the image above. Morgan could also be implying that Negan kills another character from Alexandria or even one of his own men. Unfortunately, we’ll have to wait until the series premieres in late October to find out for sure.

4. Marvel could still have plans for Blade

Welsey Snipes in Blade

Blade | New Line Cinema

Rumors that Marvel is discussing Blade 4 have long since been flying, but the speculation resurfaced this week, thanks to Underworld star Kate Beckinsale. During a recent panel for Underworld: Blood Wars, the actress was reportedly asked if there were ever plans to cross over the Blade and Underworld franchises. Beckinsale admitted that the idea had previously come up, but has since been pushed aside as the Blade team is working on its own new project.

“No. We had that idea. No. They’re busy. They’re doing something with Blade,” she said, per /Film.

So does that mean Marvel is continuing to pursue a new TV or film adaptation of Blade? The company hasn’t commented on the speculation as of yet, so stay tuned.

5. Boyd Holbrook might star in The Predator

Boyd Holbrook | Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images

Boyd Holbrook | Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images

About a month ago, it was rumored that Benicio Del Toro was in line to star in Shane Black’s reboot of The Predator. Now, it seems Del Toro is out and Narcos star, Boyd Holbrook may be in.

According to a new report from The Hollywood Reporter, Del Toro and Fox are no longer in negotiations on the project, although the reasoning for his departure has not been specified. The studio is now looking to replace the star and it’s seriously considering Holbrook to fill the main role. Per The Hollywood Reporter, Fox is aware that “Holbrook does not have the star power” of Del Toro but is planning to make up for it by “beefing up the supporting cast.” Still, nothing is set in stone yet, as talks are reportedly still ongoing.

The Predator is set to hit theaters on February 9, 2018.

Check out Entertainment Cheat Sheet on Facebook!

More from The Cheat Sheet