How to Watch Every 2019 Golden Globe Nominee for Best TV Series
One of the biggest parties in Hollywood is almost here. The 76th annual Golden Globe Awards will take place on Sunday night in Beverly Hills. While stars gather for the landmark Beverly Hilton Hotel for the ceremony, millions of people will be tuning in at home to see who takes home the top prizes.
Of course, watching the festivities is much more fun if you’re familiar with the nominees. Here’s how you can stream every TV series nominated for best drama and best musical or comedy.
Where to stream the Best Television Series – Drama nominees
- The Americans: This show about Soviet spies masquerading as a suburban couple in 1980s-era Washington D.C. has won plenty of praise but few awards. That may change on Sunday. You can rent Seasons 1-6 on Amazon or stream them for free with Amazon Prime.
- Bodyguard: Richard Madden from Game of Thrones plays a war vet assigned to protect politician in this British show that’s available on Netflix in the U.S.
- Homecoming: Amazon produced this show starring Julia Roberts as a woman who works at a facility helping soldiers transition back to civilian life. You can stream it with an Amazon Prime subscription.
- Killing Eve: Golden Globes host Sandra Oh plays a spy who faces off against a deadly assassin in this BBC America series. Season 1 is streaming on Hulu.
- Pose: Ryan Murphy created this FX show about the ballroom culture in 1980s New York. You can binge the entire first season with a $5.99 subscription to FX+ (requires a cable or streaming TV subscription) or purchase Season 1 from Amazon for $4.99.
Where to stream the Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy nominees
- Barry: Bill Hader plays a hitman turned actor in HBO’s Barry. HBO subscribers can stream it online. Episodes are also available to purchase on Amazon from $1.99.
- The Good Place: Kristen Bell stars in this NBC comedy about a woman who is mistakenly sent to the wrong afterlife after she dies. Season 1 and 2 are streaming on Netflix, while new episodes of Season 3 are on Hulu.
- Kidding: Jim Carrey stars in this Showtime program about a children’s TV entertainer named Mr. Pickles whose personal life takes a turn for the worse. You can watch it on Hulu or Amazon with a Showtime add-on subscription.
- The Kominsky Method: Netflix subscribers can watch this comedy series starring Michael Douglas, an actor-turned-acting-coach, and Alan Arkin as his agent.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: The 1950s-set comedy starring Rachel Brosnahan as a housewife turned comedienne is on Amazon Prime.
Where to stream the Best Television Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television nominees
- The Alienist: You can rent or buy this TNT drama about the hunt for a serial killer in Gilded Age New York City on Amazon.
- The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story: The FX show about spree killer Andrew Cunanan is available to rent on Amazon.
- Escape at Dannemora: Purchase a Showtime subscription from Amazon or Hulu to watch this limited series based on the true story of two inmates who escaped from a New York prison.
- Sharp Objects: HBO subscribers can watch this series that stars Amy Adams and is based on a book by Gone Girl’s Gillian Flynn, or you can purchase episodes on Amazon.
- A Very English Scandal: Hugh Grant plays a British politician who goes to extreme lengths to cover-up his affair with a younger man in this show that’s based on a true story. It’s on Amazon Prime.
The Golden Globes air January 6 at 8/5p on NBC.
Check out The Cheat Sheet on Facebook!