Hugh Jackman Tour Dates: Is ‘The Greatest Showman’ Star Coming to Your City in 2019?
Actor Hugh Jackman may be coming to a city near you in 2019. The multi-talented Australian performer and star of The Greatest Showman announced Thursday that he’s embarking on a world tour starting next summer.
“The Man. The Music. The Show” tour kicks off on May 13th in Hamburg, Germany. After nearly a dozen performances in Europe and the U.K., the U.S. leg of the tour will kick off on June 18 in Houston.
Hugh Jackman U.S. tour dates
— Hugh Jackman (@RealHughJackman) November 29, 2018
So far, there are 22 dates on the U.S. leg of Jackman’s world tour, as well as one date in Canada. He’ll be performing in the following 20 cities.
- June 18 in Houston at the Toyota Center
- June 19 in Dallas at the American Airlines Center
- June 21 in Chicago at the United Center
- June 22 in St. Paul, Minnesota, at the Xcel Energy Center
- June 24 in Detroit at the Little Caesars Arena
- June 25 in Toronto at the Scotiabank Arena
- June 27 in Boston at the TD Garden
- June 28 in New York City at Madison Square Garden
- June 29 in New York City at Madison Square Garden
- June 30 in Philadelphia at the Wells Fargo Center
- July 1 in Washington, D.C., at the Capital One Arena
- July 3 in Atlanta at the State Farm Arena
- July 5 in Tampa at the Amalie Arena
- July 6 in Sunrise, Florida at the BB&T Center
- July 10 in Denver at the Pepsi Center
- July 11 in Salt Lake City at the Vivint Smart Home Arena
- July 13 in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand Garden Arena
- July 14 in Glendale, Arizona, at the Gila River Arena
- July 16 in San Diego at the Valley View Casino Center
- July 17 in San Jose at the SAP Center at San Jose
- July 19 in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Bowl
- July 20 in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Bowl
Tickets for the shows will go on sale December 7 at 10 a.m. local time at HughJackmanTheShow.com. VIP packages will also be available.
What to expect from the tour
Jackman will be performing songs from The Greatest Showman, Les Misérables, and The Boy from Oz on his world tour, as well as additional songs from Broadway and film.
Fans will likely hear the Oscar-nominated actor perform songs such as “Suddenly” from the 2012 film version of Les Misérables and “From Now On” from The Greatest Showman. Jackman previously performed a one-man show on Broadway and in Los Angeles, according to Variety. He’s a seasoned Broadway performer, having won a Tony for his role in The Boy From Oz and starring in productions like A Steady Rain and The River, as well as Oklahoma! on London’s West End.
Hugh Jackman’s next movie roles
Jackman fans can also see the actor onscreen in The Frontrunner, where he plays former presidential candidate Gary Hart, whose campaign was derailed by a scandalous affair. He’ll also co-star with Allison Janney in the upcoming movie Bad Education, which is based on a school embezzlement scandal on Long Island. He may also star in The Good Spy a planned movie about CIA operative Robert Ames, though that’s not confirmed.
Check out The Cheat Sheet on Facebook!