Is ‘Elf’ at Redbox? These Are The Christmas Movies Can You Rent at Redbox This Year
The tree is decorated and the presents are wrapped. Now it’s time to settle down in front of the TV with one of your favorite holiday movies. While there are plenty of Christmas-y movies on TV and others available on streaming services like Netflix or Amazon Prime, those aren’t your only options for Yuletide entertainment. You can also pick up a holiday flick at your nearest Redbox.
Christmas movies at Redbox
Don’t tell HR, but @officexmasparty is here!
— Redbox (@redbox) December 18, 2018
This year, Redbox has stocked its ubiquitous red kiosks with a few Christmas movies. Here are some of the holiday titles the might be available at your Redbox.
- Elf, the beloved 2003 comedy starring Will Ferrell as Buddy the Elf
- Office Christmas Party, about a group of co-workers who host an epic holiday party after a Grinch-like CEO (Jennifer Aniston) announces she’s closing their office
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, the classic movie starring Chevy Chase as a family man determined to have a merry Christmas, despite his relatives best efforts to ruin the holiday
- The Nightmare Before Christmas, Tim Burton’s stop-motion movie about the mayor of Halloweentown’s attempt to take over Christmas
- Santa Stole Our Dog, a 2017 movie in which St. Nick accidentally steals a family’s dog.
- Elves, a new holiday-themed horror film about evil elves (not to be confused with the 1989 Christmas horror movie of the same name)
- Lifetime Double Feature: A Very Merry Toy Store and Four Christmases and a Wedding, two of Lifetime’s made-for-TV holiday movies
While not Christmas films, Redbox also has the wintry movies Small Foot and Snow Queen: Fire and Ice available to rent.
Redbox on Demand has several of the above titles as well as A Bad Moms Christmas, The Star, The Man Who Invented Christmas, Home Alone, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York, Almost Christmas, The Polar Express, and other holiday films.
Other movies at Redbox
Perhaps you’re ready for a break from carols and Christmas cookies. If so, you can also pick up one of the year’s biggest movies at Redbox for less than $2. That includes blockbusters like Venom, Crazy Rich Asians, and Mission: Impossible – Fallout, as well as critically acclaimed films like First Reformed, Three Identical Strangers, and BlacKkKlansman. There are also family-friendly flicks like Paddington 2 and The House with a Clock in Its Walls to keep the kiddos entertained while the wait for Santa to arrive.
How to get a free rental from Redbox
If your holiday spending has left your wallet a bit light, you can save with a Redbox promo code. You’ll get a coupon for a free, one-day DVD rental when you sign up for Redbox emails and confirm your address. You can also get a free rental for joining the Redbox rewards program and for downloading the app. A quick Google search usually turns up other codes you can use to get a free rental.
Check out The Cheat Sheet on Facebook!