Kris Jenner’s Brownies Are a Go-To Recipe for Your 4th of July Cookout or Any Holiday Party
The Keeping Up with the Kardashians matriarch has quite a few recipes she’s been making for years and has even written a cookbook revealing some of her favorites. One dessert her family loves is brownies. Jenner’s recipe to make the sweet treat has been dubbed “famous” by her children. Read on to find out how you can make brownies for your next cookout or holiday party just like Mama Kris.
When Kris Jenner learned to cook
Before she built an empire and managed her kids’ careers, Jenner went to cooking school.
“When I married Robert Kardashian I was 22 years old and one of the gifts we received as a wedding present was six weeks at a cooking school in Los Angeles,” she revealed in her book In the Kitchen with Kris: A Kollection of Kardashian-Jenner Family Favorites. “It turned out to be one of the absolute best gifts we would receive because it literally laid the foundation for what would become a crucial part of our family–food and cooking.”
These days some of the Kar-Jenner sisters, including Kourtney Kardashian, have carried on the tradition of making a few of their mom’s recipes for their own children. The momager’s eldest daughter posted Jenner’s famous brownie recipe on her lifestyle website Poosh.
“Cue your sweet tooth because this brownie recipe never disappoints,” the post reads. “Kris has baked these for her family for years, and Kourt has carried on the tradition by making the chocolate treat with her kids.” Kourtney, however, uses gluten and dairy-free products when making the dessert.
How to make Jenner’s famous brownies
To make Jenner’s famous brownies you’ll need a food processor and these ingredients:
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, optional
- Confectioner’s sugar (optional)
Then follow these step-by-step instructions via Poosh:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Microwave the unsweetened chocolate and butter together, then set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate slowly through the feeding tube and process until smooth.
- Add the walnuts and chocolate chips one ingredient at a time and pulse to mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake about 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When cool, cut into squares and sprinkle confectioner’s sugar on top if desired.