Megan Thee Stallion Breaks Her Silence on Tory Lanez Incident: ‘I’m Real Life Hurt and Traumatized’
Over the past few days, hip hop fans have been fixated on an incident involving Megan Thee Stallion and Tory Lanez. The rappers had been at a party that stretched into the morning of Sunday, July 12 when chaos occurred, leaving Megan Thee Stallion with injuries to her foot.
As law enforcement officials scramble to determine exactly what happened, the “Savage Remix” rapper has gone on social media to speak on the event.
What we know about the incident involving Megan Thee Stallion and Tory Lanez so far
The incident happened when Megan Thee Stallion and Tory Lanez were leaving a party in the Hollywood Hills, where they’d been hanging with Kylie Jenner. Witnesses told TMZ, “People were arguing in an SUV before someone fired shots in the air … and the vehicle took off.”
When authorities arrived, they found Megan Thee Stallion with injuries to her foot and a gun in the car. She was treated for the wound — which was initially believed to be from broken glass — while Tory Lanez was reportedly booked for carrying a concealed weapon.
Megan Thee Stallion’s statement on the shooting
As reports on the incident swirled, Megan Thee Stallion posted an Instagram note on July 15 clarifying that she had not been cut but instead had suffered gunshot wounds at the hands of someone “with the intention to physically harm me.”
“I’m incredibly grateful to be alive and that I’m expected to make a full recovery, but it was important for me to clarify the details about this traumatic night,” she continued. “I’m currently focused on my recovery, so I can return back to my life and back to making music as soon as possible.”
A day later, a source told Page Six that Tory Lanez had allegedly shot Megan Thee Stallion during an argument. “Tory fired the shots from within the vehicle while Megan was outside trying to leave,” the source claimed. “There is video and the police are investigating. This is a case of a man physically harming and abusing a woman.”
However, sources told TMZ that witnesses hadn’t been cooperating with law enforcement, making it difficult to prove the allegation against the “Say It” artist.
Megan Thee Stallion speaks out again
Amid ongoing conversations about the shooting, Megan Thee Stallion took to Twitter and vented about the incident.
“Black women are so unprotected & we hold so many things in to protect the feelings of others w/o considering our own. It might be funny to y’all on the internet and just another messy topic for you to talk about but this is my real life and I’m real life hurt and traumatized,” she wrote in a July 17 tweet, referencing memes and jokes about the shooting.
She has yet to address the accusations against Tory Lanez, who has remained quiet ever since the incident took place.
Before the alleged shooting, the rappers appeared to have a good relationship. They hung out during the coronavirus quarantine and even sparked dating rumors in the spring. But it’s hard to tell where they stand after this latest drama. Stay tuned to us for updates.