Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Will Make Their Official Rebrand Announcement in the Summer or Fall

Though Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry have officially left the inner circle of the British royal family, things aren’t exactly going to plan for the Sussexes. Amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the pair fled Vancouver Island in Canada for their new home in Los Angeles, California. They are currently self-quarantining and social distancing in a compound close to Hollywood.

The pair had been working on their exit strategy for months, since announcing Megxit at the top of January 2020, the pandemic sweeping the globe has shifted everything for the Sussexes. Though there have been rumors about what the pair will do next. All of that has been put on hold.

Now that the pair have hired a US PR firm to represent them, they’ve decided that it would be in better taste to announce their next steps in the summer or fall.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will have to work a ton to support their lifestyle

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are used to a lavish lifestyle with armed guards, extensive wardrobes, and healthy living. Though they are worth $30 million together, it’s going to cost a lot more than that to purchase the $18 million Malibu mansion that they reportedly have their eye on.

“The Obamas are a great model for how to make money and keep it classy. They could find projects that are moving and sometimes Meghan could be in them,” said veteran Hollywood public relations strategist Howard Bragman.

Though the pair hope to be completely financially independent in the near future, for now, they are relying on Prince Charles. “Prince Charles will still continue to offer private financial support to Meghan, Harry, and Archie,” BAZAAR.com’s Royal Editor At Large, Omid Scobie, reported on Twitter.

Inside Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s plans for the future

Following their last day as working royals, many people hoped the Sussexes would make a massive announcement about this new phase in their lives. There have been rumors about the duchess relaunching her lifestyle brand, The Tig, a possible cookbook, and other collabs. Instead, the public got a fairly generic comment on the Sussexes’ next steps.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will spend the next few months focusing on their family and continuing to do what they can, safely and privately, to support and work with their pre-existing charitable commitments while developing their future nonprofit organization,” the couple’s team said in Monday’s statement

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will announce their rebrand in the summer of fall

All of the Sussexes plans are being put on hold amid the coronavirus crisis, but that doesn’t mean they will be gone forever. “Meghan and Harry are trying to rebrand themselves and want to make a big media splash but are stymied by the coronavirus situation,” the source said. “They are losing out on potential paid opportunities by having to keep a low profile.”

Though the pair are being low-key now, the Sussexes will return in a big way. “They did the move to L.A. to be closer to the deal makers and are setting up calls and virtual meetings with agents, studio heads,” the source explained. “Meghan and Harry are “plotting for a summer or fall ‘splash.’”