These Photos Prove Princess Diana Was the Best Mom
Princess Diana was an incredible mother. She taught Prince William and Prince Harry to be compassionate, caring, and warm, no matter what. And, she might have something to do with their wild side (especially Prince Harry’s), too. Up ahead, find some of the sweetest photos of Princess Diana having fun with her boys.
1. Princess Diana skiing with Prince William and Prince Harry
It’s no secret that Princess Diana liked to have a little fun. In 1991, she took her sons on a ski trip to Lech, Austria. Here are they are at the top of the mountain, looking stylish in their colorful snow fashion.
2. Princess Diana plays with her sons in the sand on Necker Island
She might have been a princess, but Princess Diana wasn’t afraid to get her hands — and, in this case, her body — dirty. In April 1990, the Princess of Wales and her sons, Prince William and Prince Harry vacationed on Necker Island where they had fun in the sun and in the sand. Here, Princess Diana is in the midst of being covered by sand, thanks to her playful boys.
3. Princess Diana, Prince William, and Prince Harry in the garden at Highgrove House
It’s hard not to look at this photo without a big smile. Here, Princess Diana, Prince William, and Prince Harry are enjoying some time in the garden at Highgrove House, their family home in Gloucestershire. Not pictured: The impressive swingset set up for the young princes, where Princess Diana watched them slip down the slide and have some fun.
4. Princess Diana greets Prince William with a big hug
In the past, Prince Harry has admitted that his mom gave excellent hugs. Here she is in action, going in for a big bear hug with Prince William.
5. Princess Diana and her sons on a carriage ride in Austria
The look of Princess Diana and Prince Harry’s face says it all. In 1993, the Princess of Wales shared a carriage ride with her sons in Austria. The three of them look so happy to be spending time together.
6. Princess Diana, Prince William, and Prince Harry at an amusement park
Princess Diana was all about breaking the rules and having some fun. She often made a point to ensure her boys grew up with some normalcy, which included a fun — and soaked — day at an amusement park in 1993.
7. Prince William and Princess Diana watching a polo match together
It looks like young Prince William had the best seat in the house at a polo match in 1987. The young royal watched the game from the stands from the comfort of his mother’s lap.
8. Princess Diana takes Prince William and Prince Harry to meet their baby cousin, Princess Beatrice
In 1988, Princess Diana took Prince William and Prince Harry to meet their new baby cousin, Princess Beatrice at the Portland Hospital in London. Here, the boys are waving while mom looks after them.
9. Princess Diana helping Prince William with a puzzle
Princess Diana taught her boys many things, including how to finish a puzzle, it seems. Here, the Princess of Wales sits with young Prince William after completing a tiger puzzle.
Check out The Cheat Sheet on Facebook!