Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Exit: Jessica Mulroney Denies Registering Sussex Global Charities

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are moving forward with the next version of their charitable organization. A close friend of Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Jessica Mulroney, is rumored to have registered a website for a charity called Sussex Global Charities. The move comes after Queen Elizabeth’s decision to prohibit the couple from using the charity they set up last year, Sussex Royal. Now Mulroney wants to make it clear that the new charity is not exactly how it appears.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Sussex
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry | Chris Jackson – Pool/Getty Images

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle forced to ditch Sussex Royal

There have been a lot of developments since Harry and Meghan Markle announced their exit at the beginning of January. In their initial plan, the two were going to continue their work with Sussex Royal.

But after weeks of meetings, Queen Elizabeth declared that they will no longer be allowed to use their royal titles in public. Prince Harry and Markle will formally keep their HRH styles, but they cannot use them until they return to the royal family.

This includes the use of the charitable foundation they established last year, Sussex Royal. As royal watchers will recall, the Sussexes launched the new initiative after leaving Prince William and Kate Middleton’s organization, The Royal Foundation.

Prince Harry and Markle have not said anything about their plans to establish a new charity, but the former actress’s best friend just dropped a major clue about their future plans.

Sussex Global Charities website gets registered

In light of their exit from the royal family, Prince Harry and Markle have been working behind the scenes to start a new life in North America. Apart from becoming financially independent from the crown, the two are looking to continue their work in the charity world.

Although they can no longer use Sussex Royal, they reportedly already have a name for their new foundation. According to NY Post, Markle’s best friend, Jessica Mulroney, just registered a website with the URL, sussexglobalcharities.com.

The name of the website is supposedly a major clue to what Meghan Markle and Prince Harry plan on calling their next charity.

This is a clever way to get around Queen Elizabeth’s decree while still using Sussex as their brand. That said, Mulroney has since come out and denied that she is the one who registered the new website.

Did Mulroney register the new website?

It’s no secret that Mulroney and Markle are best friends. Jessica Mulroney is a well-known fashion designer who was Markle’s maid of honor at her wedding back in 2018. Her daughter and son also acted as flower girls and pageboys at the ceremony.

Considering their close ties, and the fact that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are now in North America, it makes sense that Mulroney would be heavily involved in their next charitable venture. Mulroney, however, begs to differ.

Taking to Twitter, Mulroney assured her followers that she had nothing to do with registering the new website. The site was registered under an organization called Shoebox Project Foundation, which closely resembles the name of Mulroney’s charity, The Shoebox Project.

“If certain investigative journalists were to do their jobs, perhaps they would see that Shoebox Project Foundation is owned by a Mr Roy in North Carolina and has no affiliations or ties to our charity The Shoebox Project,” Mulroney explained. “Happy Sunday.”

The founders of the Shoebox Project Foundation have not commented on the controversy surrounding their new website. It is also unclear if the organization has any ties to Harry and Markle.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s exit timeline revealed

While we wait to learn more about Sussex Global Charities, Prince Harry and Markle just confirmed when they will officially be stepping down as senior members of the royal family.

Queen Elizabeth previously stated that Megxit will become official in the spring, and the couple confirmed that their final departure will take place on March 31.

At that time, Harry and Markle will become financially independent from the crown and will stop appearing in public as representatives of the monarchy. Harry is expected to continue his work with the Invictus Games and Sentebale, but the pair will be giving up everything else.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have also not revealed where they will set down roots in North America. The two are currently staying in Canada, though they are reportedly looking to purchase a home in either New York City or Los Angeles.