Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May Have Shaded Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie

Megxit will officially be completed in just over a month. Though things had appeared to be going smoothly initially — Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry have seemingly hit some snags with the British royal family. In fact, it now appears that the duo is getting much less than they originally asked for.

When the duke and duchess first announced their intent to step away from the royal family — they’d hoped to stay on as part-time royals who had financial independence away from The Crown. Unfortunately, that could not work. After a couple of weeks of negotiations, the duo agreed to step down completely.

Now, with their final weeks of being royal approaching, it looks like things might get ugly between the Sussexes and the British royal family.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are upset Queen Elizabeth has banned them from using Sussex Royal

Though they spent a great deal of time and money trademarking Sussex Royal and getting their website and Instagram page set up, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will have to rebrand. Queen Elizabeth II has banned the duo from using the term “royal” since they technically will no longer be working royals. Though the pair have agreed to these stipulations, they are not happy about it.

“While there is not any jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word “Royal” overseas, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use “Sussex Royal” or any iteration of the word “Royal” in any territory (either within the UK or otherwise) when the transition occurs Spring 2020,” they said in a recent statement regarding Megxit. “The trademark applications that had been filed as protective measures and that reflected the same standard trademarking requests as done for The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, have been removed.”

This is what will happen if the Sussexes relationship with the British royal family sours

Since Megxit has never happened in the history of the British royal family — things could go left at any point. Royal fans are already furious about the alleged $1 million payout that the Sussexes received from a recent speaking engagement with JP Morgan in Miami, Florida. Since the royal family won’t be supporting the duke and duchess after April 1, we doubt they will be allowing anyone to dictate their lives.

However, the royal family will be reevaluating these new roles in one year. The Sussexes revealed, “It is agreed that the commencement of the revised role of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will take effect Spring 2020 and undergo a 12-month review.” 

The duo also has a back-up plan. “He and Meghan have a back-up plan in place,” a close friend of Prince Harry told Vanity Fair. “[He] went into this knowing that he could lose his title, but his freedom is more important than any of that.”

The Sussexes may have shaded Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie

In addition to letting their feelings about dropping Sussex Royal be known — the Sussexes also just address the royal family’s biases while dragging Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie in the middle.

In their statement, the duo said, “While there is precedent for other titled members of the Royal Family to seek employment outside of the ­institution, for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a 12-month ­review period has been put in place.”

Clearly the pair were talking about their cousins — the Princesses of York. A royal source told Mirror it was a “dig.” “It’s pretty clear they are referencing minor royals such as Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie,” they said.

Yikes. Hopefully, this doesn’t get any messier.