Prince Harry’s Ex Cressida Bonas Is Getting Married to Another Harry: See Her Massive Engagement Ring

Congratulations are in order for Cressida Bonas and Harry! No, not Prince Harry, silly. That’s been over for ages. (Where have you been?!) We’re talking about Harry Wentworth-Stanley.

Over the weekend of Aug. 16, Bonas and Wentworth-Stanley got engaged. The real estate agent broke the news to fans via Instagram, posting a photo of Bonas showing off a massive, circular ring. Let’s take a closer look at their romance and new engagement below.

Cressida Bonas
Cressida Bonas | Photo by Mike Marsland/Mike Marsland/WireImage

How they revealed the engagement

Wentworth-Stanley made the announcement on Aug. 18. “We getting married,” he captioned a photo of the two from Nantucket, Massachusetts.

The photo shows the pair flaunting ear-to-ear smiles, while Bonas wraps her arms around Wentworth-Stanley. The huge sparkler is on full display, featuring a white stone surrounded by red and white gems. 

View this post on Instagram

We getting married

A post shared by Harry Wentworth-Stanley (@harrywent) on

Many people rushed to congratulate the pair, including Kate Middleton’s brother, James Middleton. “So wonderful,” he wrote, adding a series of heart emojis.

“Congratulations!” wrote several others.

According to Entertainment Tonight, Bonas and Wentworth-Stanley, whose stepfather is the queen’s cousin, were in a relationship before she began dating Prince Harry in 2012. But after she and the royal called it quits in 2014, they made up. According to Instagram, they’ve been together since 2017.

Why Bonas and Prince Harry broke up

A source told People in April of 2014 that they decided to split after two years due to compatibility issues. 

“He found her too needy and it just wasn’t working out,” a source close to Prince Harry revealed.

A friend added, “[Cressida] is a lovely girl, and a beautiful girl, but this has run its course. It wasn’t [meant] to be.”

View this post on Instagram

After serving in the @BritishArmy for ten years, The Duke of Sussex has committed himself to promoting the welfare of members of the Armed Forces and veterans. The Duke knows the lasting effects military service can have, as soldiers recover from PTS after battle or struggle to get back into the normalities of civilian life. Through his work with servicemen and women, The Duke has also seen how families benefit from extra support when their loved ones are away and adjusting to life back home. He met many soldiers and their families at the Lord Mayor’s Big Curry Lunch in London today. This is an annual event which raises money for @soldierscharity to support those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Duke’s work with wounded servicemen and women has included creating @weareinvictusgames, volunteering with the Army's Personnel Recovery Unit in London, trekking with wounded servicemen and women to the South Pole and in the Arctic and supporting a number of adventure challenges through his Endeavour Fund. The Duchess of Sussex was unfortunately unable to attend today, but has joined her husband in supporting the troops at the Invictus Games, Endeavour Fund and with the TILS Fund, as an extension of her previous work in this space. By participating in events like today’s, The Duke hopes that servicemen and women are recognised for their unique skill set and abilities, and that we all work together to ensure that they and their families have the support they need and deserve during and after service.

A post shared by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on

But another source noted to the publication that the split was “amicable” and said that Bonas was hoping to focus on her career.

“Cressida has been a bit wobbly about the whole situation for quite some time,” royal expert and editor of Majesty magazine told People.

The two had been introduced by Princess Eugenie, but People notes that they tried to keep their relationship out of the spotlight. 

Do Bonas and Prince Harry still communicate?

It seems like they don’t talk. Royal expert Katie Nicholl previously told Cosmopolitan that Prince Harry cut contact with Bonas and a few others around the spring of 2018.

But Bonas did attend Prince Harry’s 2018 wedding to Meghan Markle.

The actress later opened up about how nerve-wracking the dress code for the wedding was. “Why do I find hats to tricky? Tricky to wear, tricky to look at, and extremely tricky for the poor soul sitting in the pew behind,” she wrote in a blog for Spectator. “Most of the time I avoid headgear. This can prompt disapproving looks from the older generations. Last weekend I attended the royal wedding. This invitation clearly stated that guests must wear hats. Yikes…I opted for a minimal feathered number—and I can only hope I got it right.”

View this post on Instagram

Jodhpur @cressida_bonas_

A post shared by Harry Wentworth-Stanley (@harrywent) on

Well, congratulations to Bonas and her new prince. May they live happily ever after.