What Nicole Eggert Said on Twitter Days Before Her Sexual Assault Case Against Scott Baio Was Dropped

Scott Baio waits for the start of the third U.S. presidential debate at the Thomas & Mack Center on October 19, 2016 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Tonight is the final debate ahead of Election Day on November 8.

Scott Baio in 2016 | Drew Angerer/Getty Images

The Los Angeles County district attorney’s office has dropped the criminal charges against Scott Baio in regards to sexual assault allegations due to them being beyond the statute of limitations. These allegations came from his Charles in Charge co-star, Nicole Eggert which date back to the 1980’s and when she was just 14-years-old.

“The applicable statute of limitations to the crimes alleged by the victim have expired. Thus, the case is declined,” the D.A. wrote in the charge evaluation sheet according to People. TMZ also claims a source said the D.A. believes Eggert’s claims to be “credible” and it would have been “potentially prosecutable” if it were not for the statute of limitations.

Eggert has openly talked about her allegations in interviews, on Twitter, and took them to the Los Angeles police in February. Lisa Bloom gave a statement at the time:

We appreciate the Los Angeles police detectives’ interest in this case, and we will fully cooperate with their investigation. Many have reached out to Nicole and me to say that they witnessed inappropriate behavior from Scott Baio when Nicole was underage. We provided those names to the police today. If anyone else has information please contact us.

Before the news of the charge being dropped, Eggert took to Twitter again writing on June 18, “Wait for it…dismissed on Statutes of Limitation…NEVER bcz of LACK OF EVIDENCE!! Case closed molester @scottbaio” and “Dismissed due to Statute of Limitation = GUILTY. Period.”

Eggert previously tweeted on Jan. 27, “Ask @scottbaio what happened in his garage at his house when I was a minor. Creep.” ABC News reported that Eggert alleged that she was molested by Baio when she was 14-years-old and Baio was 25-years-old at the time. She said she was abused by him for years.

Sarah (Josie Davis), Charles (Scott Baio), and Jamie (Nicole Eggert) on Charles in Charge

Sarah (Josie Davis), Charles (Scott Baio), and Jamie (Nicole Eggert) on ‘Charles in Charge’ | CBS

Eggert isn’t the only one who has made allegations against Baio. Their other co-star Alexander Polinsky claimed Baio verbally harassed him on set by using homophobic slurs against him when he was 11-years-old. Polinsky also claimed Baio bragged about pursuing young girls sexually and witnessed Baio acting “sexual in nature” with 14-year-old Eggert. Polinsky also claimed that Baio pulled his pants down in front of 100 cast and crew members on set.

Baio’s attorney, Jennifer McGrath claimed Polinsky and Eggert’s allegations were “continual hunger for publicity” according to CBS News. She also used a photo of Polinsky and Baio smiling together at Baio’s birthday party seven years ago.

Scott Baio himself has responded to these allegations by denying he had sex with Eggert before she was 18-years-old. “I don’t know how anybody can believe what she’s saying when her first allegation of having sex when we were 17 had been proven 100% false,” he said on Good Morning America. “And her story keeps changing.”

He also denied Polinsky’s allegation with “I don’t know what they’re saying, I have no idea, I don’t know why they’re saying it, there were so many people on that set,” in the Good Morning America interview.

Follow Nicole Weaver on Twitter @nikkibernice.

Check out The Cheat Sheet on Facebook!