Ah, the magic of Macy’s. Besides its appealing and memorable trademark, the magic really lies in the fact that it’s one-stop shopping for everything you could ever want or need to build an outfit. Ideal for women, yes, but more so ideal for the man who does not have the patience to shop all day or visit a variety of stores to figure out if a button down properly matches with a pair of chinos and brogues. It can put even the most patient man on edge. But not to worry. The Cheat Sheet has you covered for the holidays with four outfits that you can buy solely at Macy’s.
We would be remiss if we didn’t start with this one. The official/unofficial start to the holiday season centers around two of the most important things in life, the two F’s: Family and food. Although Thanksgiving is traditionally a time when we loosen our belts, it’s also a time to impress our family and friends, especially if it’s been a little while since you’ve seen them. Getting together is the perfect excuse to look good. Just make sure to lay a napkin across your lap.
- Van Heusen Easy Care Pinpoint Oxford Dress Shirt in white
- Club Room Cashmere Crew-Neck Sweater in Cabernet
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Slim-Fit Solid Chino Pants in medium grey
- Bar III Brody Brogued Wing Tip Oxfords in tan
Your work holiday party
Also known as the one day out of the year where your risk of being fired skyrockets. Many office holiday parties are known to be at nice places where there are open bars, so there are a lot of opportunities to overdo it, and worse, do something alcohol-fueled and stupid. Don’t make that mistake, instead, dress to impress. This may end up putting you at an advantage for that promotion you’ve been longing for.
- Bar III Midnight Blue Slim-Fit Suit Separates
- Bar III Slim-Fit Thunder Grey Solid Dress Shirt
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Melange Solid Tie in burgundy
- Kenneth Cole Inter-est Me Loafers in cognac
The generic holiday party
For the most part, if it’s a friend’s holiday party, it’s probably going to be more casual than formal. That doesn’t mean you should wear a sweatshirt though. Go for refined yet relaxed, and don’t forget to bring the eggnog.
- Levi’s Rodney Thermal in caviar
- Club Room Chunky Knit Shawl Cardigan Sweater in charcoal heather
- Levi’s 511 Slim-Fit Sequoia Jeans
- Madden Danver Hi-Top Sneakers in black
If your first instinct is to reach for a Snuggie with a side of ginger bread cookies and milk, don’t. Santa is on his way and you want to look good for the jolly man’s arrival. Whether you’re spending it with family or friends, take a cue from every Christmas movie ever made: You can never go wrong with a sweater. Even it’s an ugly Christmas sweater.
- Bar III Slim-Fit Grey Blue Textured Gingham Dress Shirt in grey
- Tricots St Raphael Shawl Cardigan Sweater in jet marl
- Polo Ralph Lauren Classic-Fit Stretch-Chino Pants in granary
- Sebago Brattle Monk Strap Shoes in black