Celebrities, they’re just like us. Which means some of them rush into relationships, abide by “love at first sight,” and marry after hours of knowing each other (okay, that one is a bit outlandish).
Still, these fast-moving celebrity couples shocked the media with their quick engagements, tattoos, and announcements. Plus, the 96-hour engagement that produced a three-year marriage (page 13).
1. Robert Kardashian and Blac Chyna
- They reportedly dated only days before moving in together
- The couple got engaged and had a baby within the year before breaking things off
The couple sparked rumors with an Instagram photo, and two short days later Kardashian moved in with Blac Chyna. After four short months together, Kardashian proposed with a 7-carat diamond ring.
On May 6th (less than five months after reports surface the two are dating) both Kardashian and Blac Chyna post cryptic Instagram photos that indicate they’re pregnant. Sure enough, they deliver their baby Dream in November 2016 and break up shortly after.
Next: This couple’s whirlwind romance lasted
2. Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz
- The media called their love affair a “whirlwind romance”
- Their literal May-December romance ended in a 17-day engagement and marriage
Sources close to the couple told People the relationship “sort of hit Cameron out of nowhere,” and they weren’t exaggerating. Diaz and Madden dated a few months before getting engaged.
Their 17-day engagement culminated with a wedding ceremony in January in Diaz’s backyard. The two have been married for over three years and choose to live a relatively quiet life together out of the media’s eye.
Next: The celebrities who dated a number of months before marrying
3. Nikki Reed and Paul McDonald
- The actress and American Idol contestant dated for two months before getting engaged
- They married the same year
The couple first met at the Little Red Riding Hood premiere in 2011. They moved in together a month later and married the same year. “We couldn’t be happier!” Reed said of their wedding day.
Sadly, the happiness was short lived. The two separated in 2013 and Reed began dating Vampire Diaries actor Ian Somerhalder midway through 2014. After finalizing her divorce from McDonald, Reed married Somerhalder in 2015 and welcomed their daughter two years later.
Next: This couple received a lot of media attention recently for their quick engagement
4. Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson
- Both were reportedly dating other celebrities before shocking fans with romantic Instagram posts
- The two allegedly got engaged a few weeks after they went public with their relationship
Last we checked, the singer was dating Mac Miller and the SNL cast member was partnered up with Cazzie David. But, quicker than you can say “Expecto Patronum,” the two were posting their Harry Potter romance all over social media and flirting with one another via Instagram.
While towards the end of May sources called their relationship “very casual,” the couple still decided to make things permanent — in ink, at least. Both have tiny clouds on their fingers and as of June 2nd, Pete has Grande’s initials on his hand and her “Dangerous Woman” bunny ears behind his ear. The two were reportedly engaged as of June 11, 2018, a few weeks after they began dating.
Next: This actress married her boyfriend of a few months on the date of her ex-fiance’s wedding
5. Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey
- Rivera was engaged to rapper Big Sean
- Three months after she broke off the engagement she was married to Ryan Dorsey
Rivera and Dorsey dated for a bit before she was engaged to Big Sean and picked their relationship back up shortly after her split. They married in Cabo San Lucas on July 19, 2014 — the date she originally set to marry Big Sean.
As of February 2015, the two were expecting their first child. They filed for divorce twice in the last two years and are officially separated with joint custody of their child. Rivera was charged with domestic battery after allegedly hitting Dorsey in the head in a fight over their child, but he dismissed the charges in early 2018.
6. Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom married a month after meeting
- The two had a tumultuous relationship that ended five years later in divorce
If you tuned into Keeping Up With the Kardashians, you probably had an idea that Khloe Kardashian’s family believed she and NBA superstar Lamar Odom were moving too fast. The two met at a party in 2009 and married a month later.
Kardashian filed for divorce from Odom four years after they married. Odom allegedly had an affair and relapsed into “hardcore recreational drug use” according to sources. “Love is blind,” Kardashian told Howard Stern years later. “… Lamar was so great at making me feel like I was the only one and I’m this princess. I never speculated cheating … so I didn’t know about cheating.
7. Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise
- “Tomkat” was a pop culture phenomenon of a couple
- They announced their engagement just before their eight-week dating anniversary
Katie Holmes admittedly had a crush on her future husband before the two even met. “I think every little girl dreams about (her wedding),” Holmes told Seventeen magazine shortly after Dawson’s Creek ended. “I used to think I was going to marry Tom Cruise.”
And marry him, she did. The couple got engaged nearly eight weeks after meeting in 2005. They divorced in 2012 as a result of “a private matter” according to Cruise’s lawyer. They share one daughter, Suri Cruise, together.
Next: She’s got a blank space, baby, and she’ll write your name
8. Taylor Swift and Conor Kennedy
- The singer has been called a “serial dater” in the past and is known to write about her relationships
- One that fell under the radar? Taylor’s swift-moving romance with Conor Kennedy
Swift has some notable ex-boyfriends — Joe Jonas, Calvin Harris, and Tom Hiddleston among them — but Conor Kennedy wasn’t a long-lived flame. However, the two moved quickly in their relationship when Swift purchased a Cape Cod mansion right next to the Kennedy’s compound.
The two dated from February 2012 to October of the same year. Swift allegedly wrote “Begin Again,” a single about falling back in love, about Kennedy.
9. Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon
- The musical power couple eloped after a month of dating
- They waited until getting married to sleep together
Carey and Cannon — who have an 11-year age difference and a set of twins — secretly married in the Bahamas after meeting on the set of Carey’s “Bye Bye” music video in 2008. The two stayed together for six years and remain fierce supporters of one another and their twins despite their 2016 divorce.
Cannon was diagnosed with Lupus and Carey recently went public about her struggle with bipolar disorder, a disease she was diagnosed with 17 years ago. Cannon revealed to Entertainment Tonight that the two still talk every day and remain friends.
11. John Krasinski and Emily Blunt
- Anne Hathaway introduced her Devil Wears Prada costar to Krasinski
- He called it “love at first sight”
The Office star John Krasinski and actress Emily Blunt met through Anne Hathaway in 2008. “It’s one of those things where I wasn’t really looking for a relationship,” Krasinski told Ellen Degeneres three years later. “But I met her, and I was so nervous and I was like, ‘Oh no, I’m going to fall in love with her.'”
He proposed in 2009 and the rest is history: the two A Quiet Place stars are still happily married (and working together).
Next: This quick-moving couple wore the strangest necklaces to prove their devotion
12. Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thronton
- The two dated for two months before marrying in Las Vegas
- They’d met a year before but were both dating other people
Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton married in Las Vegas after dating for two months. The two engaged in a highly-covered relationship after famously wearing vials of each other’s blood around their necks. They adopted a child from Cambodia two years later before unexpectedly separating.
“It took me by surprise,” Jolie said of their divorce, “we totally changed … And it’s scary but … I think it can happen when you get involved and don’t know yourself yet.”
Next: The couple who married after a whirlwind 96-hour romance
13. Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee
- The two met four days after they met
- They stayed married for three years and had two sons together
Motley Crue rocker Tommy Lee and model Pamela Anderson are the fastest moving couple to make the list. They currently hold the record for the quickest Hollywood engagement. Anderson’s own mother told People, “This was the first I’d heard of him,” when they revealed news of the wedding to her. “It is heartbreaking and shocking.”
Anderson and Lee share two sons together, Brandon Thomas and Dylan Jagger, and have been the subject of headlines lately. Lee was arrested for assaulting Anderson before their 1998 divorce and recently fought with his son, Brandon.
Next: He proposed to her on one of her first phone calls … while she was still married to someone else
15. Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott
- The couple quickly got tattoos for one another
- They had their first child, Stormi, less than a year later
The couple reportedly first met at Coachella in 2017 while Jenner was still out to make her ex, Tyga, jealous. They were spotted together a few times the following summer and got matching ankle tattoos as a tribute to Scott’s song “Butterfly Effect,” which is allegedly about Jenner.
They welcomed their first child, Stormi Webster, in February 2018. The two are still together despite the speedy start of their relationship.
Check out The Cheat Sheet on Facebook!