1. Bradley Cooper’s ab circuit
We all know Bradley Cooper has rocking abs, and this workout, courtesy of Ashley Conrad, a world-renowned fitness trainer responsible for some of Hollywood’s most coveted abs, and BodyBuilding.com, is part of her signature mind-and-body training method known as the Clutch System. There are eight ab exercises in all, with a 1 minute rest in between the five total rounds you need to complete. Move from one exercise to the next without resting, until you complete them all. Most of her exercises are supposed to be repeated until failure, which means that there are no set number of reps for each workout — do each until you can’t anymore. Here’s how to do it:
- Start by grabbing a light to moderate weighted ball.
- Lay flat down on a bench with your legs straight and your arms extended behind your head. The ball should should align with the rest of your body. This is the starting position.
- Raise your arms and legs, careful not to bend them, at the same time until they meet in the middle.
- Once the weighted ball touches your legs, slowly lower your arms and legs back to their starting position.
- Repeat to failure.
Try and concentrate on your abs, isolating that part of your body and go until failure, even if it means you don’t do as many reps, you’ll be able to get better muscle contraction.