10 Outstanding Oscars-Themed Snacks to Serve at Your Viewing Party
Roll out your red carpets, folks — the Oscars are upon us once again! Whether or not you’re a movie buff, the Academy Awards are a fun and festive excuse to get together with friends and family every February. Before you settle in to watch Hollywood’s biggest stars hit the red carpet, try bringing some Oscars magic to your own home by whipping up a few creative snacks.
You’ll be serving your party guests in style with these 10 delicious Oscars-themed sweets.
1. Buttered popcorn may sound like a strange flavor for a cupcake, but don’t knock it ’til you try it! A Beautiful Mess’s recipe incorporates a subtle hint of the salty snack’s flavor, noting that these Buttered Popcorn Cupcakes “are mostly sweet and delicious with just a little nod to that salty, buttery goodness we love about popcorn.” The recipe yields 24 of these cinema-themed sweets (or 36 miniature cupcakes).
2. These beautiful Sugar Cookie Dresses from Bobbie’s Baking Blog will be the most fashionable piece on your dessert spread. Create a blue ruching effect using vibrant fondant and shimmering edible cake dust. This comprehensive tutorial will help even the most amateur bakers impress their party guests.
3. Pizzazzerie’s Cinnamon Sugar Stars With Chocolate Dipping Sauce are similar to sweet cinnamon-coated churros. “They’re the perfect star-shaped food to serve to guests to enjoy while watching the award show,” blogger Coutney Whitmore writes. The cinnamon-tinged chocolate dipping sauce makes an ideal complement to these sweets (you can even add ¼ teaspoon cayenne to lend it some extra zest).
4. “Oscar night calls for a glamorous dessert with a real sense of style,” writes blogger Carrie Sellman of The Cake Blog. “It calls for charming cake pops, all dressed up and Red Carpet ready.” These dapper and delectable Tuxedo Cake Pops fit the bill perfectly, with each batch yielding about 50 of the party-friendly treats.
5. Add some glitz and glam to your dessert spread with Sugar And Charm’s Sparkling Strawberry Mousse. The delectably light mousse is infused with a hint of Grand Marnier, which serves to enhance the dish’s irresistibly fruity flavors.
6. Sweet Designs offers a sweet recipe for star-shaped Hollywood Walk Of Fame Brownies topped with a creamy and gold-swirled frosting. Blogger Amy Atlas describes the decadent dessert as “a rich and fudgy chocolate brownie that is glammed up with gold luster dust.” The recipe yields 12 sensationally chewy brownies.
7. Bring a touch of class to your standard macaron recipe with these adorable Bow Tie Macarons from Diamonds for Dessert. A rich almond paste is sandwiched between two meringue-based confections to yield a wonderful and sophisticated addition to the party spread.
8. Make Life Lovely’s Golden Film Reel Cupcakes are a sensationally festive themed treat that your Oscars guests are sure to love. Licorice wheels achieve the look of a film reel atop the cake (color with edible golden craft paint to add a classic Hollywood feel!). You can use this idea with your preferred cupcake base. To bring a hint of the red carpet to your party spread, we recommend these luscious Red Velvet Cupcakes from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
9. These Shimmering Oscar Statue Cookies “are pretty easy to make and stand up as statues,” notes Bakerella. “You can make the cookies one day and decorate them on another to spread out the work.” You can use the provided sugar cookie recipe for a base, or substitute your favorite recipe for the classic cookie. Bakerella’s recipe yields 15 cookies.
10. It wouldn’t be an Oscars party without popping a bit of bubbly. Get your champagne fix with these spectacularly sweet Pink Champagne Cake Pops from Sweetapolita. “I used a quality champagne, but you can also use chardonnay or pink champagne,” notes blogger Rosie Alyea. “Just remember that since the booze flavour is very present, you’ll want to use a wine/champagne that you like.” The recipe yields 48 shimmering and champagne-infused cake pops.