Football fans only get a few short months of enjoyable weather before temperatures drop and the wind chill picks up. That means that warm foods are essential, regardless of whether you’re fighting the biting cold to tailgate or are hosting an indoor football party. These 11 dishes are filled with spicy seasonings and hearty ingredients, ensuring you have a hot, stick-to-your-ribs meal that will keep you feeling cozy despite the terrible temps outdoors. Staying warm has never tasted so delicious.
1. No one wants to spend too much time in the kitchen when there’s a football game to watch. Luckily, Mac and Molly has you covered with this super spicy Cheesy Chipotle Chili, which “is the perfect chili to serve for football games. You can whip it up really quickly and it feeds a lot of people.”
2. If you’re going to brave the biting cold to cheer on your team, you’ll certainly want these Baked Bourbon Buffalo Wings, which have quite a bit of kick to them. Bev Cooks’ wings “rest overnight with a supernatural mystical dry rub, they’re double coated in hot sauce, butter, bourbon, more spice and the nectar of baby angels.” It sounds like a great — and delicious — way to fight off frostbite!
3. Spicy Mexican food is the perfect way to heat up your body temperature on a freezing cold day. How Sweet It Is creates Crockpot Beer Carnitas, which contain chili powder, cumin, smoked parika, and jalapeño lime sour cream. If that doesn’t warm you up, we don’t know what will.
4. Chips and dip is a football fan favorite. Filled with veggies, cheese, and superb spices, Will Cook For Smiles’ Veggie Dip is served hot, creating a delicious bowl of creamy goodness that will warm you on the inside and out.
5. Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Meatball Sliders are a perfect finger food to chow down on during a football game. These spicy bite-size sandwiches include quinoa, minced celery, carrots, onion, and chicken, creating fabulous flavor and terrific texture. Domesticate Me’s marvelous meatballs “are stuffed with fresh mozzarella cheese. This means that when you bite into one, you’re greeted with a mouthful of warm, melted cheese.” These sliders are a great centerpiece for any football party.
6. Looking for a creative way to get your chili fix? We suggest preparing Rae Gun Ramblings’ Chili Cheese Pigs in a Blanket, which are packed with gratifying gooey flavors.
7. You will be hard pressed to find anything that comes close to rivaling Tablespoons’ Taco Dip in a Football Bread Bowl. The football-shaped bread becomes crisp and crunchy after being baked, and is then filled with a rich dip that consists of taco meat, refried beans, chiles, tomatoes, olives, cheese, and sour cream.
8. When you’re cold, nothing takes away the chill quite like a cup of soup. Don’t spend all Sunday shivering, and instead whip up this Pine Tar Press recipe for Tomato Soup, which is perfect “for your tailgating needs this weekend. A few pantry staples, a whir with a blender and you have dinner ready in no time.”
9. If you’re going to serve tomato soup, you’d be remiss to not pair it with these Grilled Cheese Pull-Aparts. You only need 3 ingredients to make the melt-in-your-mouth sandwiches, which are essentially cheese-stuffed biscuits. We suggest following in The Recipe Critic’s footsteps, “I heated up some tomato soup and we used it as a dip for the pull-aparts. Seriously amazing! The layers were flakey and the cheese was hot and gooey on the inside. They turned out just how I had imagined them to be.” Now that is football fare at its finest.
10. Packed with sausage, chicken, veggies, seasonings, and hot sauce, Tabasco’s Buffalo Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya is a dish that will satisfy football fans’ stomachs. If you’re preparing this dish while tailgating, bring your already-prepared meat mixture, chicken stock, rice, and hot sauce and warm them up in a crockpot.
11. A spicy ground beef mixture, kidney beans, olives, cheese, and corn chips create All You’s Football Fiesta Casserole. It is guaranteed to be both a crowd and cook favorite — the lovely meaty layers only take 15 minutes to prepare but will taste as though you’ve been in the kitchen all day!
More from Life Cheat Sheet:
- Game Day Grub: 7 Recipes Ready to Eat By Halftime
- 13 Buffalo Chicken-Flavored Dishes Your NFL Game Day Menu Must Have
- 7 Party Dip Recipes Football Fans Will Devour
Want more great content like this? Sign up here to receive the best of Cheat Sheet delivered daily. No spam; just tailored content straight to your inbox.