12 Perfect Party Treats Inspired By Disney’s ‘Frozen’
The world has gone wild for Disney’s animated film Frozen, and one of the best ways to experience that Frozen fever right in your own home is through some movie-inspired snacking. There are countless ideas for marvelous Frozen-style treats online, so we’ve sifted through them and settled on a few of the ones we think Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Sven, and the rest would love most.
Whether you’re throwing a Frozen party or just want to munch on some Disney-themed snacks, these 12 options will delight friends, family, and Frozen fans of all ages.
1. These White Chocolate Banana Cake Snowballs from Nibbles and Feasts perfectly capture the film’s sweet character. The treat consists of freshly baked, buttery banana cake smothered in melted white chocolate and sprinkled with sweet, light coconut “snow” flakes.
2. Nobody who’s watched Frozen can get enough of the movie’s lovably comical snowman, Olaf. Now, you can serve up Olaf-inspired snacks in your own home with Bubbly Nature Creations’s Olaf Snowman Donuts. “The hardest part is making the heads which I suggest making a day or two ahead of time,” she notes. Store the heads in an airtight container until you use them, and delight in these adorable creations with friends and family.
3. Life Made Simple Bakes calls these Popcorn Snowballs “crunchy, gooey and sweet — perfect for any occasion!” The flavors of the snack are enhanced with the addition of a bit of vanilla extract and salt, resulting in a wonderful sweet-and-salty treat that everyone will adore. Whether you’re serving them at a Frozen-themed party, handing them out during the holidays, or simply enjoying a batch on your own as you sit down to view the film for a hundredth time, these snowballs will disappear in no time — and not because they’ve melted.
4. You’ll be greeted by dazzling splashes of color as you cut into Baked By Rachel’s Frozen-Inspired Surprise Watercolor Layer Cake. The blue, purple, and frosty white interior layers are reminiscent of the film’s chilly color palette, while the buttercream-frosted exterior is decked out with vibrant blue and purple sprinkles.
5. These Snowflake Sugar Cookies from Cake and Allie are just the perfect accoutrement to your Frozen-themed fun — and nearly too pretty to eat (though we don’t think that’ll be a problem)! The recipe takes a steady hand but it’s well worth the effort, resulting in buttery cookies in a gorgeous snowflake design, all topped with cool blue royal icing.
6. These Frosty White-Chocolate Dipped Oreos from Up Country Olio offer up blissful bites of indulgence. The chocolate dip is dyed to a beautiful light blue then ornamented with a snowflake transfer design (think of it as a temporary tattoo for your food) for a final touch.
7.“These little delicate snowflakes look like something Elsa would approve of,” writes The Chic Site. Her Frosted Vanilla Snowflake Cupcakes consist of a delicate, moist vanilla base and a blue-tinted vanilla cream cheese icing. Top them off with snowflake sprinkles inspired by the wintry kingdom of Arendelle. The recipe yields 12 cupcakes.
8. You’ve got to see these Disney-inspired Icy Blue Dessert Trifles for yourself. “Don’t the colors remind you so much of Elsa?” asks Mom Endeavors. These beautiful and frosty creations are the result of 4 easy ingredients: blue Jell-O (or other gelatin product), blueberry marshmallows, whipped cream, and blue and white nonparael candy balls, which can typically be found in the baking section of your grocery store. It takes 2 hours to complete, and yields 8 servings.
9. These White Chocolate Peanut Butter Snowflake from Gluesticks Blog snacks are as easy as they are drool-worthy. Simply sandwich some peanut butter between snowflake-shaped Ritz crackers, then smother the mix in a creamy white chocolate mixture. Top it off with some sugary blue sprinkles for a crunchy sweet-and-salty delight.
10. Mix up some icy Frozen-Style Party Punch using this recipe from A Night Owl Blog. The blue hue alone is enough to send a chill down your spine! It’s a tasty, citrusy treat perfect for holiday and birthday gatherings of all kinds. Get extra creative by plopping some ice cream “snow drifts” on top.
11. “With just a few ingredients you can have this whipped up for you and your family to enjoy while watching Frozen!” exclaims Pink Cake Plate, marveling at her Sweet and Salty Confetti Popcorn dish. Simply pop up some popcorn, melt in some blue and white candy melts — available in the baking section at your local grocery store or craft retailer — then top it all of with blue and white “confetti” sprinkles for a whimsical Disney treat, making the ideal finger food for family movie night.
12. “If you’ve got a Disney’s Frozen fan at home, try making this super easy and fun snack,” suggests Hip2Save. You’ll transport yourself to Arendelle with each bite of these sweet, melt-in-your-mouth Muddy Buddy Snacks. Dig in, but fair warning: You may not be able to stop!