13 Buffalo Chicken-Flavored Dishes Your NFL Game Day Menu Must Have
It is time to revamp your game day recipes. We’ve decided to set our sights on Buffalo chicken because if wings are the only way you’re enjoying the spicy sauce, you are missing out. Use it to season pizzas, pastas, dips, or anything else you can dream up. Check out 13 of the enticing possibilities the flavor holds. Your friends, family, and tastebuds will thank you.
1. Starting off this buffet of Buffalo-flavored recipes is the perfect game day meal for people who love pizza and buffalo chicken wings. “Buffalo Chicken Pizza is everything that makes Buffalo chicken wings epically awesome,” The Law Student’s Wife explained, “the juicy meat, the signature spicy sauce, the cool crunchy celery, and the tangy blue cheese—fused with another epically awesome food: pizza.” Need we say more?
2. Another combination of fan favorites can be served up by making Buffalo Twice-Baked Potatoes. Stuffed with sour cream, onions, cheese, and Buffalo sauce, no one will be able to resist Simply Stacie’s recipe — especially if you decide to add bacon.
3. Kiss plain old ketchup goodbye, because it is about to lose favored status as the condiment of choice for your fries. Just don’t totally kick it out of your kitchen, you’ll use it when making Sippity Sup’s Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Buffalo Dipping Sauce.
4. All in All introduced Buffalo Chicken Lasagna with all capital letters, because the deliciousness of the dish could not be contained. “Excuse my excitement… but this is awesome!” We agree not only with that sentiment, but that it should absolutely be served with “celery and carrot sticks, some blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese or ranch dressing.”
5. With the promise that if you test it out, “you won’t be sorry,” the Buffalo Chicken Dip from The Bitten Word is probably the easiest appetizer you’ll ever make. All you have to do is combine the ingredients in a baking dish and heat it in the oven. Set it on a table with vegetables, bread, or crackers, and watch it disappear.
6. “I’ve never been a vegetarian who claims he doesn’t miss certain food,” The Wannabe Chef stated. “This year I finally got fed up with being dip-less and decided to make my own.” And thank goodness he did! This Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Dip uses white beans, and might convert a few meat eaters to become (temporary) vegetarians.
7. Even seafood dips can get a dash of the Buffalo flavor, like in this CrockPot Crab Dip recipe. A Year of Slow Cooking stated that the first time this was made, it was a huge hit, and the crockpot was “scraped clean.”
8. What She’s Having admitted this recipe isn’t totally revolutionary: “Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, like wings but in ball form.” Still, the meatball version deserves a spot on your plate because they are less messy to eat, and ground chicken is cheaper than wings — you’ll swap out mess and expense for ease without sacrificing any flavor.
9. Perfect for primetime games is the Spicy Buffalo Chicken Soup from Neighbor Food. After about 10 minutes of prep work, you’ll let it cook in the crockpot. When game time rolls around, your food will be ready, and you’ve barely lifted a finger.
10. Another meal with minimal effort and maximum payout comes courtesy of Emily Bites. Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken is perfect for sliders and sandwiches, “but you could also use it to make quesadillas, top baked potatoes, add protein to mac & cheese, pile on a pizza, fill lettuce wraps.” Emily Bites even took some of the leftover and added “a little bit of light blue cheese dressing, microwaved it and ate it as a dip with baked tortilla chips and veggies. It was awesome!”
11. “This is one of those snacks where you take a bite, think ‘they’re pretty good’ but then can’t stop eating them,” The Wicked Noodle warned of these Roasted Buffalo Chickpeas. Crunchy and flavorful, it is the perfect alternative to chips and crackers — just try not to eat them all in one sitting.
12. Put penne pasta on your dinner and game day menu by making Little Leopard Book’s Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Penne. Self described as “obsessed with all things buffalo chicken,” you can bet that this dish is just as satisfying as a plate of wings, and will be a hit with everyone you’re watching the game with.
13. Anyone who has refused to try quinoa will no longer be able to holdout when confronted with Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Salad. Why? Because, like Half Baked Harvest said, “Anything involving Buffalo Sauce rocks. No questions.”