16 Tempting Toppings for a Beautifully Baked Potato
Baked potatoes are an easy way to complete a delicious dinner and can work as a satisfying side dish or a hearty main meal. To make a perfect potato, The Kitchn recommends preparing it one of three ways: oven baked, microwaved, or slow cooked, depending on how much time you have before dinner. Before baking, rub them with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and prick them with the tines of a fork, and you’ll be well on your way to making a palatable potato.
The next step? Tasty toppings. You can easily create toppings to meet your unique tastes, including those that are savory, sweet, spicy, fruity, healthy, or hearty. Here’s a look at 16 toothsome toppings to pile on your baked potato.
1. Preparing a palate-pleasing potato has never been easier thanks to Tastes of Lizzy T’s. Tuna, potatoes, cheese, soup, and salt create Tuna Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes, a stupendous side that’s guaranteed to quickly become a family favorite.
2. You can’t go wrong with The Little Epicurean‘s beautifully baked potato, which is topped with sharp cheddar, bacon, and seasonings. This Cheddar Bacon Twice Baked Potato is the ultimate comfort food and perfect to enjoy on a chilly fall day.
3. Bring baked potatoes to the breakfast table with Keep Your Diet Real‘s recipe. Eggs, veggies, and cheese create Loaded Breakfast Baked Potatoes, perfect for a hearty and healthy morning meal.
4. How Sweet It Is uses roasted grapes, goat cheese, and honey in this superbly sweet dish. These Roasted Grape, Goat Cheese, and Honey-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are so scrumptious, you may feel like you’re eating dessert instead of dinner.
5. For a baked potato that’s both sweet and spicy, prepare A House In The Hills‘ recipe for Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. You’ll pile black beans, cilantro, lime, avocado, and cashews on a sweet potato, creating an oh-so-satisfying supper side.
6. Running to The Kitchen creates a stunningly sweet baked potato that will tantalize your tastebuds. Filled with cashews, vanilla almond milk, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg, you’ll find that a Twice-Baked Sweet Potato With Cinnamon Cashew Cream is a nutritious and delicious way to indulge guilt free.
7. Cajun Crab-Stuffed Baked Potatoes are hearty and filling enough to serve as a spicy entrée. Thyme & Tamarind‘s recipe uses cayenne pepper, onion and garlic powder, cheese, Cajun seasoning, and crab meat to prepare a dish that brings out the best of Creole cooking.
8. Italicana Kitchen delivers a baked potato dish that’s filled with good-for-you ingredients. These Broccoli and Kale Twice-Baked Potatoes are bursting with broccoli, kale, seasonings, and cheese, and are topped with ravishing roasted tomatoes.
9. Jessie Monds proves that baked potatoes don’t need to be savory. You’ll use nuts, dried and fresh fruit, and sweet seasonings to create these sensational Sweet Potatoes With Pecans, Apples, and Dried Cranberries.
10. Use Mantitlement’s fabulously filling recipe to make hearty Twice-Baked Bacon and Egg Potatoes that are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
11. Spinach and feta cheese create creamy, rich, and healthy Twice-Baked Spinach Potatoes. With only 10 minutes of prep time and a marvelous mashed filling, there’s a good chance you’ll find yourself making My San Francisco Kitchen’s recipe quite often.
12. Fit Foodie Finds has found a way to put a unique spin on the ever-popular baked potato. Using a crock pot, potatoes, and chili ingredients, you can prepare Crock-Pot Three Bean Turkey Chili Baked Potatoes, a savory supper that will appease any appetite.
13. To make SkinnyTaste.com‘s Loaded Philly Cheesesteak Baked Potato, you’ll first cook steak, onions, peppers, and mushrooms. The end result is a satisfying skillet meal piled on top of a creamy, cheese-covered baked potato.
14. Half Baked Harvest is also bringing scintillating steak flavors to a basic baked potato. You’ll love the sweet and spicy flavors radiating through these Steak Fajita Stuffed Baked Potatoes with Avocado Chipotle Crema.
15. It can be hard to bake a potato that’s better than those found in restaurants. However, by following CopyKat Recipes’ instructions for an Outback Steakhouse Baked Potato, you can create a stunning side that’s perfectly salted, nice and crisp on the outside, and marvelously moist on the inside.
16. Leslie Durso delivers a healthy and gluten-free dinner dish. You’ll use sweet potatoes, quinoa, vegetable broth, onion, kale, and cranberries in these nutrient-packed Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.