18 Extraordinary Egg Recipes to Try on World Egg Day
There is no better time to celebrate the egg’s continued prominence in worldwide cuisines than October 10, World Egg Day. The versatility of this ingredient cannot be underestimated: Its components are found in everything from dinners and desserts to breakfasts and beverages.
Try out these 18 recipes to fill your World Egg Day with delicious egg-based foods.
1. Deviled eggs are an appetizer that have been popular since ancient Roman times, reports the History Channel. Give your batch a modern twist with an avocado-sriracha kick. The Perfect Pantry’s Avocado-Sriracha Deviled Eggs will be a popular addition to your next party spread.
2. Proving once again that eggs are delicious at any temperature, Things I Made Today’s Tomato Soup With Poached Egg and Almonds has a subtle, nutty crunch. The texture couples well with an irresistible tomato broth, which is spiced with curry powder, cumin, and coriander.
3. A Mexican-style chorizo is recommended in this recipe from Oui Chef Network, which blends the spiced pork sausage with earthy gouda, corn-based grits, and a feathery poached egg to create a culinary masterpiece: Gouda Grits with Chorizo, Kale, and a Poached Egg.
4. Shakshouka is a dish of Tunisian origin containing a highly spiced tomato sauce and poached or baked eggs. This variation from Table Matters adds meaty portobello mushrooms to the mix, resulting in a distinctively enjoyable Portobello Shakshuka With Baked Eggs.
5. Transport yourself to the Lone Star State with a Tex-Mex take on breakfast tacos from the Food Baby Blog. These Texas-Style Breakfast Tacos merge classic elements of an American breakfast — namely, bacon and eggs — with components of Mexican fare, such as peppers, onions, cilantro, and avocado.
6. Polenta is cornmeal boiled into a simple porridge, typically made with cheese. Fare Season’s delightfully comforting Cheesy Polenta, Marinara, and Fried Egg is a great way to work classic tomato, cheese, and egg flavors into a single hearty meal.
7. As we’ve seen so far, egg seems to go with just about anything, so why not add pizza to the list? A Couple Cooks shares this White Pizza With Pecorino, Scallions, and Egg for a luscious dish inspired by the flavors of Rome.
8. While we’re touring the Mediterranean’s egg-centric offerings, we’ll stop in Greece for a taste of traditional Yuvarlakia Avgolemono – Greek Meatball Soup with an Egg-Lemon broth, presented to you by the Zagleft food blog.
9. Skillet Sweet Potato and Black Bean Migas is an inspired twist on a Tex-Mex classic. This recipe from Grab a Plate is traditionally made for breakfast or brunch, but its subtly sweet and savory flavors can be an indulgence at any time of day.
10. If you’re ready to switch gears to dessert, indulge in a Lemon Magic Cake from Stasty. The dish achieves a perfect level of light, fluffy goodness by whisking the egg whites and adding yolks separately.
11. Haven’t had your share of breakfast fare? Indulge in a grand Salmon Eggs Benedict from the Kiwi Cook, in which smoked salmon and poached eggs are draped in a creamy, velvety Hollandaise sauce.
12. Savory Nothings shares these luxurious, French-inspired Mushroom Crepes With Poached Eggs to be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Mushrooms add a wonderful heartiness to the dish and balance beautifully with airy poached eggs and freshly made crepes.
13. Wake up to a burst of flavor with Pip and Ebby’s Sausage Veggie Breakfast Skillet, mixing sausage links with mushrooms, onions, peppers, and an egg scramble for a meal that will keep you energized until lunchtime and beyond.
14. Channel Downton Abbey with some of the Young Austinian’s light Earl Grey Custards, made from vanilla, eggs, cream, tea, and orange flower water for a distinctive flair.
15. Indulge in the Italian flavors of these Egg Wonton Cups from Foxes Love Lemons. Flavored with basil, marinara, and Parmesan, they’re wrapped in crispy wrappers — perfect for serving as an appetizer or snack before mealtime.
16. Get a boost of fiber and protein by eating Bacon Egg and Cheesecake’s Warm Quinoa Salad With Roasted Tomatoes, Egg, and Avocado. It’s a lightly seasoned, easy-to-assemble dish that the whole family will love.
17. A Potato Omelette could be just the thing you need for a warm and savory egg-based meal. Try this variation from Trissalicious for a simple, delectable taste of the Spanish favorite.
18. Egg fried rice is a standard in Chinese takeout and is chock-full of tastes that everyone can enjoy. Food Network’s version of the dish can be supplemented with the addition of shrimp, pork, chicken, or beef. Bon appétit!