Odds are good that you have a gluten-free dieter in your life, or maybe you yourself are one. While this diet may appear restrictive to some, in truth it offers a wide variety of delectable gluten-free dining options, and this includes plenty of simple and spectacular choices for snacking.
Try any of these 19 snack recipes for a tantalizing taste of gluten-free dining.
1. This Curried Cashew Savory Granola from A Dash of Compassion is a blend of nuts and spices, offering notes of garam masala, cumin, chili powder, coriander, and ground mustard for a taste like no other. Your taste buds are sure to get a kick out of these flavors!
2. These Almond-Poppy Crackers from The Iron You have an almond flour and olive oil base, lending each bite of the snacks a satisfyingly buttery crunch. Requiring just 5 ingredients, they’re a breeze to bake in your own kitchen. The recipe yields about 20 crackers, each of which contains 60 calories and 5 grams of fat, plus 2 grams of protein.
3. Nutritionist In The Kitch offers this recipe for Sweet and Salty Seed Bars, which consists of a sesame, pumpkin, sunflower, and poppy seed base stuck together with lusciously creamy peanut butter and sweet, flavorful honey. Adding in dried apricots adds a bit of extra taste and texture to the mix.
4. Mangia Blog’s Seeded Cranberry Crunch Bars fit just about every diet plan: They’re vegan, grain-free, and nut-free (no allergy problems here!). Each nibble is packed with seeds and tart (but slightly sweet) dried cranberries for a powerfully tasty combination.
6. Looking for a perfectly cheesy, gluten-free snack? Almost Supermom’s 5 Alarm Cheddar Crackers are not only delicious, but they also take just 5 ingredients to whip up at home. Hot sauce gives the snacks a delightful extra kick.
7. Are you craving a sweet snack or a salty one? The Novice Chef helps hungry snackers toe the line between 2 extremes with this mouthwatering recipe for Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn. It’s an easy snack, too — one you’ll be munching on just 10 minutes after inspiration strikes!
8. Chocolate, peanut butter, and bananas constitute one of the best flavor trios out there. You can combine those sweet tastes into one gloriously gluten-free dish with these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Bars from Hungry Healthy Girl. Try heating them up int he morning with almond milk for a warm, melty, and surprisingly healthy breakfast! Each bar contains 135 calories, 4 grams of protein, and 2 grams of fiber.
9. Few snacks could be simpler than these Baked Garlic Carrot Chips from Ehrin Marlow. Just bake up some sliced carrots with garlic salt for a perfectly munchable, gluten-free, and Paleo snack.
10. Peaceful Dumpling’s Fig-Chocolate Hazelnut Bars are healthier than they sound — but just as delicious! The flavors of cocoa, hazelnut, and figs merge into one exquisite on-the-go snack in these bars, which are vegan, gluten-free, and are free of added sugars. They’re crispy on the outside and have a temptingly soft-baked interior. The bars can also be enjoyed as a diet-friendly dessert option.
11. Baked Sweet Potato Chips are a healthy and delectable snack time choice, and now they are easier than ever to make at home. Baking these chips for an extended period of time at a low temperature will help dehydrate them, writes Dani of Dani California Cooks; this makes for ideally crisp chips as a result. If you’re feeling adventurous, sprinkle with cayenne for a bit of added flavor.
12. The Corner Kitchen Blog’s Miso-Roasted Chickpeas offer the spectacularly tasty benefits of chickpeas with a punch of added flavor from miso paste. Roasting your chickpeas will result in an incredibly crunchy snack that’s easy to enjoy both on-the-go and right at home.
13. Looking for a something spicy and salty? These Falafel Crackers from May I Have That Recipe are the answer for you. The chickpea-based crackers are infused with distinct flavors like cardamom, cumin, turmeric, paprika, coriander and more for a rich, tasty flavor.
14. These Gingerbread Pumpkin Bars from Marfigs’ Munchies are almost too good to be true. The salty and coffee-infused pretzel crust is covered with a rich and chewy pumpkin-gingerbread filling, all topped with a simply sweet coffee topping. Allow bars to freeze in order to set, then let soften a bit before serving.
15. Seasonal and Savory’s Baked Coconut Onion Rings are battered in a thick mix of egg and coconut butter, then flaked with coconut for a subtle departure from your standard onion rings. Baking the rings will result in a healthier — but totally mouthwatering — take on the dish. Be sure to let the batter ingredients reach room temperature before blending, as cold ingredients combined with coconut butter will result in a lumpier mixture.
16. These Roasted Sesame Almonds with Spice from Poppies and Papayas are a creative way to conquer your snack time boredom. Maple syrup lends a bit of natural sweetness to the dish, while complex cardamom is sprinkled on top to balance out the sweetness. The glazed nuts are then sprinkled with sesame seeds for an added bit of subtle flavor.
17. Nuts, dates, and cocoa are all packed into these chewy Chocolate Nut Energy Balls from Immigrant’s Table. The salty-sweet dish is power-packed and friendly to Paleo, gluten-free, raw, and vegan diet plans, meaning just about anyone can dig in and enjoy!
18. This Cauliflower Popcorn from Style Nectar will allow you to enjoy the flavors and textures of your favorite snack foods without the guilt. Appreciate the smoky taste of paprika, along with other piquant spices, on a crispy cauliflower base. What could be better?
19. These Spiced Peanuts from Eat Healthy Eat Happy offer a variety of elegant, Asian-inspired flavors. Soy sauce, garlic powder, and duck sauce lend a sophisticated sweet and salty taste to the snack. Each serving contains 164 calories, 1.9 grams of fiber, and 5.6 grams of protein.