Tired of munching plain old popcorn? Fortunately, that air-popped treat is incredibly versatile, offering limitless opportunities for sensational snack options. Whether you’re crazy for savory flavors or you have an insatiable sweet tooth, you’re going to love these ideas for transforming that everyday finger food into an unforgettable dish.
Snack with style by trying any of these 10 sweet, salty, and spiced recipes for popcorn-based treats!
1. Oreos, vanilla candy melts, and popcorn are all you need to make this Cookies and Cream Popcorn a reality in your kitchen. It’s a very beginner-friendly (though perhaps not diet-friendly) recipe — as Erica’s Sweet Tooth points out, “Making this is SO SO easy, as in the hardest part is not burning the popcorn.”
2. Alaska From Scratch’s Olive Oil and Rosemary Popcorn is enhanced with the subtle, savory flavors of garlic, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese. The irresistible snack requires just a few quick seasonings from the spice rack!
3. “These bars are just like Rice Krispie [sic] treats but made with crispy slightly salty popcorn and the key ingredient- brown butter,” writes The Baker Chick. After just 20 minutes of kitchen time, you’ll be chowing down on these Brown Butter and Marshmallow Popcorn Bars — sure to be a new favorite for the whole family! The recipe yields 9 large marshmallow-popcorn bars.
4. Kick up your savory snacking game with this Buffalo-Ranch Popcorn from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch. The dish incorporates dill, cumin and more — plus a dash of hot sauce — to result in a perfectly party-friendly finger food.
5. Lauren’s Latest exclaims that this luscious Cinnamon Bun Popcorn “did the job, filled my tummy and tasted sweet, buttery and delicious!” Soothing cinnamon combines with a rich white chocolate drizzle in this recipe to create an indulgent and easy-to-make treat. The recipe takes around 20 minutes to complete.
6. Fans of sweet and salty treats will adore this Potato Chip, Pretzel, and Caramel Popcorn from Food Babbles. A caramel corn, pretzel, and potato chip mixture is draped in velvety white and dark chocolate to yield a snack no one can resist! The recipe takes about 40 minutes to make and yields 8 servings.
6. Lovers of bold flavors will appreciate Coupon Clipping Cook’s zesty Paprika-Lime Popcorn, in which sour notes of lime meld with cayenne and paprika to result in a powerfully piquant snack. The recipe yields 2 servings.
7. Cooking Classy’s Lemon and White Chocolate Popcorn offers eaters a taste of sophisticated sweetness, melding the light citrus flavors of lemon with white chocolate, resulting in a treat that tastes “like lemon cream pie, in sweet, crunchy, popcorn form.”
8. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn is sweet, spectacular, and — best of all — simple. “I love how easy this popcorn is to make,” writes Two Peas And Their Pod, who notes that the recipe requires just 10 minutes in the kitchen. Whether you’re watching awards shows or cheering on your favorite NFL team in the playoffs, you’ll love snacking on this nutty, chocolatey treat.
9. Brown Eyed Baker’s Maple-Bacon Popcorn is a salty-sweet dish that will have your guests going back for seconds, thirds, and beyond. Simply fry up a batch of bacon, pop your kernels in the leftover bacon fat, then mix the popcorn with a maple syrup-and-bacon blend. The result? About 4 to 6 servings of of blissful, bacon-infused snacking.
10. Looking for a quick, subtle change to to amp up the deliciousness in your popcorn snacking? Try this Salted Honey Butter Popcorn, which Splash of Something calls “the easiest snack food you’ll ever make.”
More from Life Cheat Sheet: