12 Recipes Bursting With Bold Banana Bread Flavor
Banana bread is a classic, and just about every baker has a go-to version he or she loves. Full of bold banana flavor, the treat is simple and satisfying, but just because you have your standard version ready to go whenever you have browning bananas doesn’t mean you should only stick to that. There is no shortage of banana bread-inspired breakfasts, snacks, and desserts to be found online. We’re sharing 12 that any banana bread addict needs to try.
1. One browning banana is all you’ll need to make banana bread for one. Although Chocolate Covered Katie says no frosting is necessary, we love the idea of pairing the perfectly portioned snack with peanut butter, chocolate, or the vanilla fudge frosting highlighted with the recipe.
2. You shouldn’t always keep your banana bread-flavored treats for yourself, though. When you want to share your baked goods, make banana bread muffins. Described as “not overly sweet, nutty, soft, not overly dense,” Savory Simple’s moist muffins will be a crowd pleaser.
3. If you’re looking at these recipes and wishing those bananas on your counter were ready to bake with, rather than a vivid yellow, SoupAddict has the answer and recipe, you need: roasting. Calling it “the impatient person’s cure for bright yellow bananas that are not-quite-recipe-ready,” three yellow bananas are roasted and then used to make these roasted banana bread scones.
4. Moving away from your typical cake-like confections and bread-based offerings are banana bread cookies. Bakers Royale promises what you’ll bake “tastes just like banana bread, but in a cookie form and kicked up with a few add-ins.”
5. “A cinnamon roll and banana bread in one, how could these not be good?” Cooking Classy asks. “Then when they are slathered generously with cream cheese frosting and finished off with toasted nuts, all I can say is wow yum! This is breakfast done right. Enjoy and be sure to eat them warm.” That is advice we plan on following to a T when baking banana bread cinnamon rolls.
6. “There is something so wonderful about entering the kitchen to pour my first cup of coffee in the morning, and breakfast is already ready,” twelveOeight writes. We couldn’t agree more, which is why this easy crock pot banana bread oatmeal is on our must-make list for hectic mornings.
7. Why settle for banana bread or pancakes for breakfast when you can get the best of both worlds? “They are cake. For breakfast. Win. Obvious win,” How Sweet It Is rightly points out of these whole-wheat brown sugar banana bread pancakes. If you want an upgrade over your typical maple syrup, definitely make the vanilla maple glaze recipe, as well.
8. Not everyone is ready for that level of sweetness in the morning, though, and to combine brown sugar and banana bread in dessert form, look no further than The Recipe Critic’s banana bread bars with brown sugar frosting.
9. The Daring Gourmet desired a twist on standard banana bread, and as a result, caramel banana upside-down bread was baked. This innovative take on the classic is a gooey, sweet creation you don’t want to miss out on.
10. You don’t actually need any bananas to make Mother Thyme’s banana bread dip. Instead of the fruit, the banana bread flavor comes courtesy of a quick bread mix. Pair this easy, no-bake recipe with graham crackers, apples, or toast for the perfect snack.
11. Banana bread crumb cake is as versatile as it is delicious. Sip a cup of coffee and eat it for breakfast, or serve a slice alongside a glass of milk for dessert. The dual nature of the recipe, Cookies & Cups explains, is because the “texture is more like a muffin” but “the flavor is more like banana bread.” Then, since it is baked in a 9-by-13-inch pan, the recipe takes on a cake-like quality.
12. We might have saved the best for last: banana bread brownies with vanilla caramel glaze. “In the case of these brownies,” Averie Cooks says, “I didn’t get what I planned. I got more than I planned, in the best way.”