Some of the best desserts also happen to be the messiest, but satisfying your sweet tooth is a cause well-worth the cleanup. There are few dessert-lovers among us who can resist the call of a perfectly gooey, chewy cookie, and we’ve picked out the best of the best recipes online for achieving this incredible texture.
Go crunch-free for dessert with these 11 amazingly gooey cookie recipes!
1. If you’re looking for one of the most ooey-gooey cookie-noshing experiences out there, then these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies With Reeses Pieces from Averie Cooks are a must-try. “The cookies are soft, moist, with irresistibly tender centers, a slight bit of chewiness to the edges, loaded with Reese’s Pieces, and oozing, melted chocolate chips,” writes blogger Averie Sunshine. Each bite is packed with a buttery explosion of chocolate and peanut butter flavors.
2. These Red Velvet Cream Cheese Swirl Cookies are bursting with flavor, with a cream cheese swirl enhancing the irresistibly soft and chewy cookie base. The creamy swirl offsets the incredible sweetness of the cookie itself, resulting in a combination of flavors that everyone will crave. Host the Toast’s recipe takes an hour and 40 minutes to make and yields 20 cookies.
3. If you’re a sucker of good, old-fashioned Original Chocolate Chip Cookies, then Not So Desperate Housewife has you covered. This recipe improves upon the classic with one simple addition, which brings the gooey, chewy texture to new heights. “Believe it or not, all it took was just ¼ cup of cream cheese to add such a subtle but noticeable difference. Not so much that it changed the recipe, just enhanced it,” Not So Desperate Housewife explains.
4. Sally’s Baking Addiction has a fantastically moist and chewy recipe that combines cake and ice cream into one all-star dish. Considering these Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies are the cover picture on the blogger’s cookbook, we doubt the results will be anything but superb. As an added bonus, blogger Sally McKenney includes several tips on achieving perfectly tall and chewy cookies. The recipe yields about 24 to 30 cookies.
5. With every bite you take of Brown Butter and Caramel Snickerdoodles you’ll be transported to cookie paradise. “They are soft, chewy, and filled with ooey-gooey caramel,” explains Spache the Spatula. “The brown butter in these gives them a rich and nutty flavor, and the light sprinkling of salt on top adds that addictive salty-sweet edge.” The recipe yields 20 to 24 soft cinnamon-sugar cookies, each bursting with caramel. You may want to double the batch, however — we doubt they’ll last very long!
6. Pudding is an age-old trick to achieving a moist and cakey cookie dessert. The Lemon Cheesecake Pudding Cookies from Good Life Eats incorporate both cream cheese and pudding mix to culminate in a rich and citrusy dish, reminiscent of a mouthwatering lemon cheesecake. White chocolate chunks add a final burst of sweetness to each bite, balancing beautifully with the slight tartness of the lemon flavor. The recipe requires only 25 minutes to make and yields 30 cookies.
7. “Chocolate Toffee Truffle Cookies are soft, gooey, and truffle-like, with crunchy Heath toffee bits and espresso powder to intensify the chocolate flavor,” writes Flavor the Moments. “These are a chocolate lover’s dream!” Crunchy chunks of toffee punctuate the incredibly soft cookie, while powerful notes of chocolate and espresso leap to please your palette at each bite. The recipe takes only 40 minutes to make and yields 24 cookies.
8. Everyone adores the moist and chewy confections of Funfetti, and these vibrantly-sprinkled Funfetti Gooey Butter Cookies from Cookies and Cups are no different. The rich sweets are exploding with a flavorful butter and cream cheese base. Incorporating some cake mix into the batter will give your cookies an added bit of volume and flavor. This recipe yields 30 cookies.
9. Nothing quite beats a classic campire s’more, but these Gooey S’mores Cookies from Fettle Vegan sure give them a run for their money. This dessert combines melty, gooey marshmallows with decadent dark chocolate, resulting in an unparalleled taste of sweet and chocolate-loaded goodness. On top of all this, the dessert can be made to suit both vegan and gluten-free diet — perfect for dessert lovers of all kinds!
10. “Crispy edges and a chewy, gooey center make these cookies a definite winner with my family!” writes Sweet Pea’s Kitchen of these Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops. The cookies combine the unique malt chocolate flavor of Whoppers candy with a buttery cocoa base for a sweet that everyone will love.
11. “These are probably one of the best tasting cookies I’ve made EVER. With so many different flavor components, you’ll have a mouth full of heaven!” Bake With Christina gushes about these Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies. The dish offers an utterly delightful combination of sweet and salty flavors, fusing a rich salted caramel filling with a deeply satisfying cocoa base.