Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of SLM Corporation (NYSE:SLM).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold SLM Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Schoellkopf Wolfgang: act as Director. On 11/21/2011, sold 20,000 shares, worth $248,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of SLM Corporation in Q3 2011:
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 907,900 shares, worth $15,025,745. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DISCOVERY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC / CT: On 06/30/2011, held 785,400 shares, worth $12,998,370. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- INDEPENDENCE CAPITAL ASSET PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 713,476 shares, worth $11,808,028. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PUPLAVA FINANCIAL SERVICES, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 348,940 shares, worth $5,774,957. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SCHRODER INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT GROUP: On 06/30/2011, held 255,759 shares, worth $4,232,811. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: SLM Corporation, commonly known as Sallie Mae, provides education funding, originating and servicing of U.S. government guaranteed and private student loans. The Company, through its subsidiaries, also provides debt management services and business and technical products to a range of clients including colleges, universities and loan guarantors.
Competitors to Watch: Nelnet, Inc. (NYSE:NNI), The Student Loan Corp. (NYSE:STU), Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS), American Express Company (NYSE:AXP), The First Marblehead Corp. (NYSE:FMD), Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA), QC Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCCO), Advance America, Cash Advance Centers (NYSE:AEA), World Acceptance Corp. (NASDAQ:WRLD), and Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp (FMCC).
(Note: Data regarding SLM Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>