Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Alcoa, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Wieser Helmut: act as Executive Vice President. On 11/17/2011, sold 40,000 shares, worth $398,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Alcoa, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,417,200 shares, worth $22,363,416. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WASATCH ADVISORS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,342,457 shares, worth $21,183,971. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GREAT LAKES ADVISORS INC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,218,632 shares, worth $19,230,013. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- BANK OF NOVA SCOTIA /: On 06/30/2011, held 1,141,700 shares, worth $18,016,026. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- PGGM INVESTMENTS: On 06/30/2011, held 1,094,969 shares, worth $17,278,611. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Alcoa Inc. produces primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum, and alumina, and participates in mining, refining, smelting, fabricating, and recycling. The Company serves customers worldwide primarily in the transportation, packaging, building, and industrial markets with both fabricated and finished products.
Competitors to Watch: Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ:CENX), Alumina Limited (NYSE:AWC), Kaiser Aluminum Corp. (NASDAQ:KALU), Noranda Aluminum Holding Corporation (NYSE:NOR), and Aluminum Corp. of China (NYSE:ACH).
(Note: Data regarding Alcoa, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>