10 Big Stock Percentage Movers October 5th
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Net Servicos de Comunicacao SA (NASDAQ:NETC): Up +16.37%. Net Servicos de Comunicacao SA provides cable television services under the brand name NET, high-speed broadband Internet services under the name Virtua, and data transmission services using both satellite and terrestrial technology under the name Vicom. The Company mainly operates from Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
- McDermott International (NYSE:MDR): Up +14.79%. McDermott International, Inc. is a worldwide energy services company. The Company and its subsidiaries provide engineering, fabrication, installation, procurement, research, manufacturing, environmental systems, project management, and facility management services to a variety of customers in the energy and power industries, including the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Tesoro Corporation (NYSE:TSO): Up +13.79%. Tesoro Corporation refines and markets petroleum products, and provides transporting services. The Company operates refineries, as well as a network of retail and refueling stations in the western United States. Tesoro also markets gasoline and diesel fuel to independent marketers and commercial end users.
- InterOil Corporation (NYSE:IOC): Up +13.51%. InterOil Corporation is an integrated oil and gas company. The Company produces jet fuel, diesel and gasoline for the domestic market and light naphtha and mixed naphtha for international markets. Interoil owns oil refinery, upstream petroleum exploration licenses and retail, and commercial distribution assets.
- OmniVision Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:OVTI): Up +13.06%. OmniVision Technologies, Inc. provides integrated single chip semiconductor imaging devices. The Company designs, develops, and markets semiconductor imaging devices for computing, communications, and consumer electronics applications. OmniVision’s image sensor product is used in cameras and camera related products such as personal computer, digital, and security cameras.
- Lufkin Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:LUFK): Down -8.79%. Lufkin Industries, Inc. designs, manufactures, sells, and services oil field pumping units, power transmission products, and foundry castings. The Company sells its products around the world.
- RLJ Lodging Trust (NYSE:RLJ): Down -7.42%.
- WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ:WBMD): Down -7.08%. WebMD Health Corp. provides health information services to consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans. The Company provides its services through its public and private online portals and health-focused publications.
- ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oi ETF (NYSE:SCO): Down -6.78%. ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund will seek daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) the daily performance, whether positive or negative, of its corresponding benchmark. The Fund tracks a multiple or inverse multiple of the daily performance of Dow Jones-UBS Crude Oil Sub-Index.
- KiOR Inc (NASDAQ:KIOR): Down -5.97%.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>