10 Big Stocks Are Generating Trading Buzz on Wall Street April 15th
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is higher at 12,345, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is increasing to 1320 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is slightly higher at 2,762 on the 73rd trading day of 2011, and here is a group of stocks making moves on our radar and the reasons why:
- MBIA Inc. (NYSE:MBI): Shares of MBIA are trading higher over 20% to $10.74 per share today. Over 13 million shares have traded hands. Bond insurance companies are climbing on the news of the Bank of America guaranty deal. MBIA Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance and other forms of credit protection. The Company also offers investment management services to public finance and structured finance issuers, investors and capital market participants.
- Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC): Shares of Bank of America are trading lower over 1% to $12.97 per share today. The company reported earnings and investors are not buying shares today. Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary. Bank of America Earnings Cheat Sheet: Profitable Quarter But Revenues Drop>>
- Bronco Drilling Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:BRNC): Shares of Bronco Drilling Company are trading higher over 5% to $11 per share today. Chesapeake Energy (NYSE:CHK) announced the acquisition of the company for $11 per share. Bronco Drilling Company, Inc. provides contract land drilling services to oil and natural gas exploration and production companies.
- Acorda Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:ACOR): Shares of Acorda Therapeutics are trading higher over 5% to $28.62 per share today. The stock is up due to extended patent time for Ampyra. Acorda Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company that is developing therapies for spinal cord injury and related neurological conditions, including multiple sclerosis. Additionally, Acorda is developing multiple approaches to regeneration and repair of the spinal cord and brain.
- Vornado Realty Trust (NYSE:VNO): Shares of Vornado Realty Trust are trading higher 1% to $90 per share today following a successful public offering of debt notes. Vornado Realty Trust is a fully-integrated real estate investment trust. The trust owns, manages and leases office properties in New York City, Washington, DC, and California. The Company also owns retail properties Washington, DC and Puerto Rico.
- Supervalu (NYSE:SVU): Shares of Supervalu are trading higher .75% to $10.68 per share today following their latest earnings release. SUPERVALU Inc. operates a chain of supermarkets and pharmacies primarily in the United States. The Company also provides supply chain services, which includes wholesale distribution and related logistics support services. SuperValu Earnings: Here’s Why the Stock is Rocketing 13%>>
- Infosys Technologies Limited (NASDAQ:INFY): Shares of Infosys Technologies Limited are trading lower 14% to $62.81 per share today following a very weak forecast. Infosys Technologies Limited provides IT consulting and software services, including e-business, program management and supply chain solutions. The Group’s services include application development, product co-development, and system implementation and system engineering. Infosys targets businesses specializing in the insurance, banking, telecommunication and manufacturing sectors.
- Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG): Shares of Google are trading lower 8% today after disappointed Wall Street on their earnings report. Google Inc. is a global technology company that provides a web based search engine through its website. The Company offers a wide range of search options, including web, image, groups, directory, and news searches. Google Earnings: Larry Page Rattles Investors>>
- Charles Schwab (NYSE:SCHW): Shares of Charles Schwab are trading up over 1% to $18.54 per share today following the company’s earnings release. The Charles Schwab Corporation provides a variety of financial services to individual investors, independent investment managers, retirement plans, and institutions. The Company provides its clients with securities brokerage, banking, and related financial services through offices in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom.
- Ford Motor (NYSE:F): Shares of Ford Motor are trading lower almost 1% to $14.71 per share today. Ford is seeing higher costs that could potentially impact the future bottom line. The commodities price craze is here. Ford Motor Company designs, manufactures, and services cars and trucks. The Company also provides vehicle-related financing, leasing, and insurance through its subsidiary.