10 Biggest Stock Price Percentage Movers October 18th
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Toll Brothers, Inc. (NYSE:TOL): Up +12.22%. Toll Brothers, Inc. builds luxury homes, serving both move-up and empty nester buyers in several regions of the United States. The Company builds customized single and attached homes, primarily on land that it develops and improves. Toll Brothers also operates its own architectural, engineering, mortgage, title, security, landscape, insurance brokerage, and manufacturing operations.
- Human Genome Sciences (NASDAQ:HGSI): Up +11.64%. Human Genome Sciences, Inc. researches and develops proprietary pharmaceutical and diagnostic products. The Company’s products predict, prevent, detect, treat, and cure disease based on the discovery of human and microbial genes.
- PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE:PHM): Up +11.22%. Pulte Group Inc. sells and constructs homes, and purchases, develops, and sells residential land and develops active adult communities. The Company also provides mortgage financing, title insurance, and other services to home buyers. Pulte has operations in various markets across the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp (NYSE:KOG): Up +10.67%. Kodiak Oil & Gas Corporation explores for oil and natural gas in the western United States.
- D.R. Horton, Inc. (NYSE:DHI): Up +10.48%. D.R. Horton, Inc. constructs and sells single-family homes designed primarily for the entry-level and move-up markets. The Company operates in the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Southwest, and Western regions of the United States. D.R. Horton also, through its financial services operations, provide mortgage financing and title agency services to homebuyers.
- Crocs, Inc. (NASDAQ:CROX): Down -39.08%. Crocs, Inc. designs and manufactures shoes. The Company produces soft, lightweight, non-marking, slip- and odor-resistant shoes made of closed-cell resin material. Crocs manufactures men’s, women’s, and children’s shoes and markets them to retail chains.
- Hospira, Inc. (NYSE:HSP): Down -22.22%. Hospira, Inc. is a global specialty pharmaceutical and medication delivery company. The Company’s product portfolio includes generic acute-care and oncology injectables, as well as integrated infusion therapy and medication management systems.
- New Oriental Education & Tech Grp (NYSE:EDU): Down -11.43%. New Oriental Education & Technology Group, Inc. offers educational services. The Company offers foreign language training, test preparation courses for admissions and assessment tests in the United States, the PRC and Commonwealth countries, primary and secondary school education, development and distribution of educational content, software and other technology, and online classes.
- Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE:HOG): Down -7.85%. Harley-Davidson, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells motorcycles. The Company’s products include heavyweight touring, custom, and performance motorcycles, as well as a line of motorcycle parts, accessories, and general merchandise. Harley-Davidson also provides motorcycle floor planning and parts and accessories financing to its North American and European dealers.
- Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE:PII): Down -7.69%. Polaris Industries Inc. designs, engineers, and manufactures snowmobiles, all terrain vehicles, motorcycles, and personal watercraft. The Company markets its products, together with related replacement parts, garments, and accessories through dealers and distributors located in the United States, Canada, and Europe.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>