Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Manitowoc Company, Inc. (NYSE:MTW): Up +22.08%. The Manitowoc Company, Inc. is a diversified industrial manufacturer of cranes and related products and foodservice equipment. The Company’s products include lattice-boom cranes, tower cranes, mobile telescopic cranes, and boom trucks as well as ice making machines, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOR): Up +21.41%. Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. develops and commercializes novel central nervous system-focused therapeutics that address significant unmet medical needs. The Company’s primary product is a natural source adrenocorticotropic hormone indicated for the treatment of acute exacerbations of multiple sclerosis, as well as a number of other conditions.
- Clearwire Corporation (NASDAQ:CLWR): Up +19.51%. Clearwire Corporation provides wireless broadband services. The Company operates a wireless network in the United States as well as other countries.
- The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ULTI): Up +16.4%. The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. designs, markets, implements, and supports Web-based and client/server cross-industry human resource management (HRMS) and payroll software solutions. The Company’s solutions are marketed primarily to middle-market organizations. Ultimate’s products automate HRMS/payroll functions and are enabling tools in the management of the employee life cycle.
- Panera Bread Company (NASDAQ:PNRA): Up +15.49%. Panera Bread Company owns and franchises bakery cafes. The Company’s bakeries operate under the Panera Bread and Saint Louis Bread Co. names. Panera operates throughout the United States and offers free broadband Wi-Fi network.
- Human Genome Sciences (NASDAQ:HGSI): Down -22.62%. Human Genome Sciences, Inc. researches and develops proprietary pharmaceutical and diagnostic products. The Company’s products predict, prevent, detect, treat, and cure disease based on the discovery of human and microbial genes.
- DeVry Inc. (NYSE:DV): Down -16.75%. DeVry, Inc. owns and manages higher education systems throughout North America. The Institutions offers various degrees in a wide range of disciplines, including associate, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in technology; healthcare technology; business and management, as well as online secondary education to school districts and medical education.
- Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN): Down -12.66%. Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products. The Company’s products include books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and numerous other products. Amazon offers personalized shopping services, Web-based credit card payment, and direct shipping to customers.
- RadioShack Corporation (NYSE:RSH): Down -12.1%. RadioShack Corporation operates a chain of retail consumer electronics goods and services stores located throughout the United States and Mexico, along with wireless phone kiosks in the US, and dealer outlets worldwide. The Company offers consumers wireless phone and other electronic products and services from national brands and exclusive private brands and wireless carriers.
- Bemis Company, Inc. (NYSE:BMS): Down -11.05%. Bemis Company, Inc. manufactures flexible packaging products and pressure sensitive materials. The Company markets its products to customers throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe, as well as Mexico and the Asia Pacific region. Bemis’ products are used in the food, medical, chemical, agribusiness, pharmaceutical, sanitary products, printing, and graphic industries.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>