10 Biggest Stock Price Percentage Movers of the Day
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about 10 stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc. (NASDAQ:PPDI): Up +25.8%. Pharmaceutical Product Development, Inc. (NYSE:PPD) offers drug discovery and development services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. The Company conducts pre-clinical programs and phase I to phase IV clinical trials. For approved drugs, PPD offers product launch services, and patient compliance and medical communications programs.
- Direxion Daily Finan. Bear 3X Shs (NYSE:FAZ): Up +13.38%. Direxion Daily Financial Bear 3X Shares is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the inverse of the price performance of the Russell 1000 Financial Index.
- ProShares UltraShort S&P500 (NYSE:SDS): Up +5.61%. UltraShort S&P500 ProShares is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the S&P 500 Index.
- Johnson Controls Inc PRFD ‘Z’ (NYSE:JCI-Z): Up +5.41%.
- ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oi ETF (NYSE:SCO): Up +5.04%. ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Crude Oil is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund will seek daily investment results that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) the daily performance, whether positive or negative, of its corresponding benchmark. The Fund tracks a multiple or inverse multiple of the daily performance of Dow Jones-UBS Crude Oil Sub-Index.
- InterOil Corporation (NYSE:IOC): Down -19.52%. InterOil Corporation is an integrated oil and gas company. The Company produces jet fuel, diesel and gasoline for the domestic market and light naphtha and mixed naphtha for international markets. Interoil owns oil refinery, upstream petroleum exploration licenses and retail, and commercial distribution assets.
- KiOR Inc (NASDAQ:KIOR): Down -19.43%.
- Popular, Inc. (NASDAQ:BPOP): Down -18.67%. Popular, Inc. is a bank holding company that provides commercial banking services through branches in Puerto Rico, the British Virgin Islands, the Dominican Republic, and the United States mainland. The Company also provides mortgage and consumer finance, lease financing, investment banking and broker/dealer activities, retail financial services, and automated tellers.
- Cemex SAB de CV (NYSE:CX): Down -17.72%. Cemex SAB de CV is a building products company. The Company produces, distributes, and markets cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and related building materials. Cemex operates throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
- JetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ:JBLU): Down -14.67%. JetBlue Airways Corporation provides nonstop passenger flight service through its Airbus A320 aircraft. The Company’s airline is based in New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport and currently flies to various destinations in the United States.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>